Off-season!

GradfromtheNest

Although I've "retired" from high school ball, I'm still lurking. Spending most of my time watching Thunder 18s play in the college wood bat league in Nashville. We were originally playing in the tournament at UT, but the coach was concerned about pitching. Plus, the tournament was really for the benefit of the 17s that are still in the recruiting/evaluation process. The team is playing very well, but wow, wood bats make a difference in how far the baseball travels.

There's a little action over on the AAU Summer Ball forum - although it's mixed with basketball.

we just played you bizazz... sadly though the river rats were swept by you, two good games though, i think 3-2 and 1-0. i liek the wood bat league, but i guess that's because i'm a pitcher. you can make just about any mistake on the mound and never have to pay for it. only an average of about 5 hits per team each game, and they only last an hour and a half each

I'm still checking the site. I visit to get some sort of baseball fix. I guess I'm having withdrawals. My son has now graduated from HS, and has moved to Alabama to play summer ball with the Bama Bombers. I really haven't had the chance to see many of their games. He'll return closer to home to play ball at Vol State in the fall.