Best Sport to Cheer for

saywhat?

What's the best sport to cheer for? Football is cool, but by the end of the season, it's downright chilly outside. The climate-controlled environment of a basketball gym is nice and pampering. Which one do yall like more? I think we need to resuscitate this board. Also, what's the fav cheer? I know some that are like sooooo cool and some that are like "played". Like, u know what i'm talking about?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I agree with Grad! Even though I like basketball and my boyfriend was a basketball player, to me football is more exciting. Not to mention, the season is shorter. I think I cheered for over 50 basketball games this year...it gets kinda old after the first 20. Especially when there are 2 to 3 games a week!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wrestled a little bit and I would find "mat girls" to be kinda pointless. In the heat of a match you're really only listening for one or two voices and thats your coaches' and even then those are hard to pick out so having mat girls would be a larger distraction, and I don't really think there is a need to feed off a large crowd or noise, the adrenaline of wanting to beat your opponent is enough.

• 2 weeks later...

No I don't like cheering for wrestling at all! We used to have to do it but we don't anymore...the main reason we hate it is cause we just get in the way and the guys don't even want us there. The coaches just wanted us there, so that's why we had to do it. I think if a squad wants to go sit in the stands and maybe cheer from the stands or do cheers in between matches that is alright and that the wrestlers would appreciate it but being down there on the mat is so pointless...no one wants us there we are just in the way!

• 2 weeks later...