MBA vs. Trinity

D2FANN

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff Lockridge of The Tennessean picks Trinity 24-17.

I don't have a problem with his picking Trinity, but one has to wonder what kind of research he did. As best as I can tell, Trinity won its scrimmages 38-20 and 24-0. That doesn't add up to 70-7. And while I'm no expert on Kentucky football, I'm not sure Lexington Catholic and Scott County are necessarily "top Kentucky teams" (maybe they're good, but I would consider teams like Trinity, Male, St. X., and Boyle County as "top" teams).

Link

Hope the MBA players are aware of this piece.

I don't have a problem with his picking Trinity, but one has to wonder what kind of research he did.  As best as I can tell, Trinity won its scrimmages 38-20 and 24-0.  That doesn't add up to 70-7.  And while I'm no expert on Kentucky football, I'm not sure Lexington Catholic and Scott County are necessarily "top Kentucky teams" (maybe they're good, but I would consider teams like Trinity, Male, St. X., and Boyle County as "top" teams).

Link

825306568[/snapback]

I don't know...but I think that is a reasonable prediction. Trinity is always a power...with or without a Brohm. MBA is very inexperienced...and has had some costly injuries. The game is in Louisville. I would think Trinity should be favored by a touchdown. Of course...they were favored last year too. :D

I don't have a problem with his picking Trinity, but one has to wonder what kind of research he did.  As best as I can tell, Trinity won its scrimmages 38-20 and 24-0.  That doesn't add up to 70-7.  And while I'm no expert on Kentucky football, I'm not sure Lexington Catholic and Scott County are necessarily "top Kentucky teams" (maybe they're good, but I would consider teams like Trinity, Male, St. X., and Boyle County as "top" teams).

Link

825306568[/snapback]

Sounds like perfect bulletin board material to me. In addition to Lockridge being mistaken on Trinity's scrimmage facts, he says that they have virtually everyone back. I beleive that is incorrect, as well.

I don't know...but I think that is a reasonable prediction.  Trinity is always a power...with or without a Brohm.  MBA is very inexperienced...and has had some costly injuries.  The game is in Louisville.  I would think Trinity should be favored by a touchdown.  Of course...they were favored last year too.  :D

825306582[/snapback]

I don't have issues with who anyone chooses. Given the fact that MBA will be traveling with an inexperienced team and some key injuries for the game, I would expect Trinity to be tabbed as the winner.

My problem is with the poor effort on the research on Trinity by Lockridge.

I don't have issues with who anyone chooses. Given the fact that MBA will be traveling with an inexperienced team and some key injuries for the game, I would expect Trinity to be tabbed as the winner. 

825306618[/snapback]

Heck...at least he wrote an article on the game.

825306618[/snapback]

Well, it's pretty typical. I do cut them some slack with the number of teams they have to cover, but for a big game like this, your point is well made. Their preview this year was quite good, I thought. they are trying to get better. The City Paper is forcing that, I think. Gotta love capitalism!!

Well, it's pretty typical.  I do cut them some slack with the number of teams they have to cover, but for a big game like this, your point is well made.  Their preview this year was quite good, I thought.  they are trying to get better.  The City Paper is forcing that, I think.  Gotta love capitalism!!

825307505[/snapback]

I agree. The Nashville City Paper has been great, making the most of its Sports section with much less space.