Post-Summer AAA Top 5

HUCK

Well let's see here:

5) Cleveland: All the talent in the world, no coaching

4) Some West Tennessee team with a inflated record

3) Columbia Central: Moore has the key players back from a state tournement run in 2003-2004

2) Greeneville: 2 seriously good players on the Tennessee Stars with one of the best coaches in Tennessee..maybe in the Southeast. They will make a hard push!

1) Mt. Juliet: I hope this isn't a jinx but they have been running through people all summer! Only thing that can stop this train is injuries and ego inflated fans and parents!

I'm taking Mt. Juliet this year to run the table. I know Chris and John would like the gold ball! They summer work and preseverance should pay dividends. Only time will tell! Now commence in the Huck bashing!

Edited by HUCK

Huck, don't know if you saw the news about K.C. Van Atta transferring in from Martin-Westview. Her dad has accepted the boys basketball position at MJ. She averaged 17.7 ppg as a freshman last year for Martin-Westview and is 5'11". Her mother Kim (Satterfield) Van Atta still holds the all-time scoring record at MJ from the state title run in 1983. She should be a good addition. thumb

Bob77...You may be right, I was going by what a MJ coach told me and what the Tennessean said which was 17.7 for her HS team and 20+ for her aau team. Anyway, coach Fryer is living right...first Alysha from Kansas and now this young lady who will hopefully be a good addition.

Huck, I thought you were going to apply for the softball job? j/k thumb

As long as I get to be on the basketball staff and get that championship ring this year, I'll be glad to coach softball. Maybe if I get those girls to play softball after basketball, I can beat Beech. Wouldn't that create a buzz for Coach Fryar. All his girls quitting AAU to play softball. Can I get Clark to post up on home base?

Huck, you waited too long, the softball job is taken by a former MJ grad. However, I do believe Clark could post up at home, and given her ambidextrous (sp) penchant, I'm sure she could hit from both sides of the plate. I'm curious whether she will play volleyball again this year. She shows up and says "I can play a little v-ball" and the next thing you know they go to the state tournament. She's quite an athlete. I still feel she was robbed by not at least being a finalist for last years miss b-ball having averaged 22 pts and 11 boards/game. Ah, maybe the politics will swing her way this year. thumb

Edited by flngrvy

I'll bet you a buffalo nickel that the little gal from Heritage gets the AAA Miss Basketball the next two years!

825295226[/snapback]

If I had one, I would bet a three legged Buffalo nickel, on that! :D

Clark is a pentathalon athlete, top tier in any sport she chooses. The little girl from Heritage is a basketball machine. :D

At 20 something points a game, Clark should be a nominee. :D

Edited by jimbo44