murfreesboro football and Region 4-5A in gen.

BigWesHall

Guest Oakland

if i remember correctly it was mba that dominated riverdale last year. wouldnt get too excited bout a scrimmage, the only purpose they serve is to make a team better, not to get a w or l

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scrimmage was very competitive...much like last year except the results were reversed.

I believe both teams will benefit big time. I'm not real big on superlatives but there won't be many defenses better than the two we saw yesterday. The biggest concern coming out of that scrimmage was our OL..they still need to come together as a unit.

Wes, any idea how Smotherman worked himself down to 3d team? What's up with that?

Oakland2001, did you see your guys scrimmage? Any insights you want to share?

Scrimmage and practice reports from the DNJ:

Prep Roundup

Riverdale v MBA

Guest Oakland

yes i have seen both of oakland's scrimmages and no i aint sharing any insights i got cuz i wanna see how shocked you guys are when oakland suprises everybody and makes the playoffs :unsure:

Edited by oakland2001

So your saying Riverdale will beat Oakland???? Surely not, We are gonna make our first apperance in Oaklands stadium and embarass yall. It will be ugly. So believe me we will take joy in the last chuckle.

Can someone tell me y ever since both schools have had their own stadiums y all the battle of the boro meetings have been at riverdale, y havent we played at Oakland yet.

I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry guys that it took me so long to get back on here. I went out of town last weekend, got back Sunday and suddenly got invited to go up to Cincinatti from Tuesday through Saturday.

Now as for why a lot of the Riverdale/Oakland games have been at Tommahawk and not Freedom Field: In 2001 Oakland was supposed to play at home but they moved the game to MTSU instead of playing in their own stadium. In 2003 when the schedules were redone, Riverdale was picked to play them at home and they'd swap this year.

Guest region4fan

bhsol......so glad to see that you are back. I hope that you had a great trip!

If I remember correctly.......both schools had talked about always playing the OHS/RHS game at MTSU because of the huge crowd. They would split the gate. OHS followed through and played there instead of at their stadium and split the gate. The next year, RHS was supposed to do the same. Of course, you figured out what happened next.