Wayne County vs. Lewis County

thelegion88

I think this years game will be a good game.It will be a fight till the end but i think Wayne County pulls it out big.b/c we feel we owe them something for last year.It will be a good game to come out and see.Lots of hard hitting there always is........See ya there ScubaSam and Iam8 thumb

825295318[/snapback]

Last years game was a close one. I thought that Wayne Co. was gonna come all the way back to win that one. But this year I hear Lewis Co. has got a down year. But who knows, when the season starts and the lights are turned on, there might be a different story. Wayne Co. produces top caliber teams year in and year out as well as Lewis Co. I think this will be a real barn burner!! Can't wait to see this one. Good Luck to both teams. But Best of Luck to those PANTHERs!!! :D

YES YES YES!!!!!!!! I love this i cant wait until it football season in wayne county its gonna be great gettin to finally get back in those bleachers and get crazy with the rest of my COYS BOYS brothers man o man is it gonna be great big shout out to scuba cant wait to be by ur side out there man but yes thats enough about how much i cant wait now lets move on to the game thats coming up our first game of the season Lewis co. now yes they did come into our house and get a w last year but this year its gonna be the other way around were goin over there with a vengenance and the will to start off the season on the right foot lets go wildcats and like we say in golf "cant birdie them all if u dont birdie the first" well we can switch that around for football "cant win them all if u dont win the first" goodluck to my Wayne Co. Wildcats

My first post this season... Yeah!

Wayne County and Lewis County, this year at Panther Stadium in Hohenwald.

After Lewis County pulled out last year's win by a score of 24-18, I stated unequivocally that I thought Wyane County would be one of the two best teams we would play all season during the regular season. I was scoffed at by many and ignored by some, well until, Wayne County proved me correct and they actually wound up doing exactly as is predicted, had a phenomenal season!

I apologizze for not knowing a lot about the Wildcats yet, mainly because Stan Trott has not given me a preseason report. But I am capable to tell you a little about the Panthers.

#1: After 4 years with David Sharp as quarterback, he is gone and the Panthers will be looking to new leadership under center. Junior Alex Edwards, a very heady player has the starting nod going into the season but will be pushed by a freshman who is very reminiscent of Sharp, Ryan Greve.

#2: This will be the Panthers first true rebuilding season since probably 2000. Not only is Sharp gone but so is fullback Marcus Booker, All State lineman Daniel Hull, Wingback Dustin Skelton, Center Chris Carroll, The entire defensive line, both inside linebackers, one outside linebacker and both corners. Sharp punted while senior transfer kicker Carlos Juvara has also graduated..... Nuff said?

#3: The Panthers will struggle to find consistancy on offesne with only an offensive tackle, a tight end and one wingback returning. They are going to have to grow up fast or we could be looking at a 6-4 or 5-5 record this season.

#4: Lest I seem to be boasting, get them while you can! The middle school is coming off a perfect undefeated season including wins over a 5-A Dickson and 4-A EO Coffman... This year's freshman class is the real deal. I have been here since 1974 and they are, at least, at the very least, the second most talented class I have seen in those 30 years. Coupled with a much better than average group of sophomores and this year's 8th grade class (Averge 254 pounds along the line)... The Panthers are going to be someone's nightmare beginning in 2005.

#5: Although I predicted a 6-4 or 5-5 season this year, this prediction is based purely on talent. With the Panthers coaching staff, they will not be anyone who is better coached or better prepared. We win every year with less talent than our opponents and they should steal a couple of games this year as well.

#6: Will they steal the Wayne County game? Hunch.... No. The Wildcats are one of the few teams we will play that is also superbly trained for the weekly encounters. With so many new faces, you probably have a slight advantage in week one.

Good luck to the Cats. I have a true admiration for your staff and administration for renewing what was once a grand and great, and always fierce rivalry. I wish you much success this season!

I think you are "poor mouthing" a little bit DON HANEY. Has coach Sharp ever been 5-5 at Lewis? Maybe his first year there. He and his coaches always find a way to win. I think at the very least they will be 8-2 with losses from Cheatham Co. and Fairview in two very hard hitting battles.