Top 10 in Chattanooga

InDepthInsider

And another problem I have.....look at today's paper in the Sports section! The coverage for today is for Region 2-5A....Ha! Please tell me if I'm wrong, but this paper is the Chattanooga Times Free Press. It doesn't even mention a Chattanooga team. I know McMinn County is in the area, but give me a break! Soddy, Ooltewah, and Bradley are all much closer to us than McMinn...of course Ward Gossett was the writer here!

That is pitiful!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And another problem I have.....look at today's paper in the Sports section!  The coverage for today is for Region 2-5A....Ha!  Please tell me if I'm wrong, but this paper is the Chattanooga Times Free Press.  It doesn't even mention a Chattanooga team.  I know McMinn County is in the area, but give me a break!  Soddy, Ooltewah, and Bradley are all much closer to us than McMinn...of course Ward Gossett was the writer here!

That is pitiful!

825303445[/snapback]

I agree with you Grand, this mornings paper covering what is suppose to be a preview of the region 2-5A was a joke!!!!! This was a preview of MCMinn County and who cares unless your from McMinn. What happen to coverage that was given to High school teams in the Chattanooga area like years ago. I can remember as much as two full pages would be given to local teams like Red Bank,

Ooltewah, Soddy, Hixson and etc. Not only about the teams but, articles about specific players who might have big impacts on their team, as well as being a college prospect. Who cares about Georgia, Alabama etc. I first want to know about the local high school teams, particularly around this time of the year. Their should have been an article on each team this morning as well as reviews on specific players and a predicted finish for the region. This was a disgrace!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to see a how prep sports should be covered do yourself a favor and pick up the AJC(atlant journal constitution) ! With Professional teams in every "major" pro-league, as well as 2 Big Time College Football teams within 45 minutes of each other, the AJC still manages to seriously cover the entirety of Georgia Prep sports WELL not to mention the In depth coverage of metro-atlanta's prep sports... i know my city is 10 times the size of "the nooga" and our paper can afford more writers... but to be honest... not much goes on in Chattanooga so the local sports scene should be MUCH more of a focus seeing as how from what Ive seen teh sports page(especially the prep section) is what is most read by people under 25 in Chattanooga... who just incase you forgot are the people who will be buying their subscriptions in the future! All I can say to the editors of the Times Freepress would be "Poor Show, Good Sirs! ... poor show indeed..."

Edited by stayNskool

New polls will be posted on Saturday sometime after this weeks action... Local Chattanooga action includes...

Thursday Night

Chattanooga Central @ Notre Dame

Friday Night

Bradley Central @ East Ridge

Boyd Buchanan @ Howard

Hixson - Ringgold - Finley Stadium

McCallie - Lake View Fort Oglethorpe -Finley Stadium

Cumberland Co. @ McMinn Co.

Ooltewah @ Red Bank

Should be some good games and I can't wait till this Friday. Good Luck to everyone in the area.

thumb