Jackson Liberty

trapped

I wasn`t too impressed from the jamboree. They are still very young like you said. I think the key for them is too stick it out and build something. They have no tradition. They have nothing really. Tough situation. Although I wish the Crusadrs good luck this year and admire those kids who are playing and want to start something good at Liberty. I`d rather be a Cougar though.

How are they looking so far?

I hear they are improving rapidly, whcih I guess is good seeing as how they don't even have seniors on their team yet.

825304781[/snapback]

They have improved very much compared to last year. They played a scrimmage the first week against Chester County and Halls and looked good in the running game, a few days later they scrimmaged Lake County and Dresden. They did pretty good once again with a backup RB Kyle Jordan filling in for an injured Corey Moore, they had to have over 200 yards rushing but struggled to punch it in the endzone while in the redzone but those were scrimmage rules (4 plays when you get it in the 20 yard line). They forced around 5 fumbles against Dresden but gave up the big plays to Dresden.

They have a handful of Seniors but not many, they are junior and sophmore top heavy.

The leaders of the line are senior Jermaine Neeley and junior Derek Siler who has been playing Center with a broken bone in his hand. One tough individual. They also have a fiesty player in Luke Byrum who is around 5'10 170 but if you could measure playing with heart he comes in around 6'3 255.

They have two beasts that can run the ball in Juniors Corey Moore and Brandon Howard and have some speedsters that will be carring the ball in Seniors Mattellis Rogers and Shaun Woodson(who recieved post season honors last season), and Junior Markellas Price(probably the fastest on the team), and also have Junior Kyle Jordan who has both power and speed. Freshman Chris Hatch a transfer from JCS will also see some action at FB.

The Wr's are in rotation and carry in the plays, the 3 main WR's that will be getting reps are Senior Josh Pearson and Soph's Antwan Long and Jake Kemker. Junior Chris Taylor will pretty much be the featured TE but John Nolen will also get some plays in plus a few more will be at TE.

The starting QB is Evan Johnsey and his backup is David Ray. Both are tough players. Johnsey is a great athlete which shows since he was voted the regions MVP in soccer this past season.

The defense will be lead by Neely on the line, Howard at LB, Kyle Jordan, Corey Moore will be the main DE to make the big defensive plays, Woodson and Price lead the DB's.

Johnsey will handle most of the kicking duties if not all of them. Pearson might punt and Taylor might do some kicking.

Depth is pretty deep this year but experience is the missing key.

Woodson and Moore are the verbal leaders of the team.

The team will defiently be improved but the schedule is rough. Region teams include Crockett Co., McNairy Co., Southside, and Lexington,(plus Bolivar and Fayette Ware) all pretty well established programs coaching wise, plus all have a star player or two on there team. Out of region schedule teams are 4A JCM and Northside and Murray KY. They also face Humboldt.

They kinda paniced in the jamboree when USJ scored quickly but once they setteled down they were making a pretty descent drive until a pass was picked off. In this game their weakness seemed to be the pass defense. They also gave up a long pass against Halls and Dresden in the two scrimmages.

They will face USJ once again this Thursday and more will come about in this game against a well coached and established team with excellent athletes.

I can't predict the wins and losses but I do know they won't be beat as bad as they were last year. They are coming together pretty good as a team.

Today Liberty took on USJ in a game type scrimmage. The only things that were not game type were that there was no clock, no pickoffs, and punts were not returned. They had ref's, 1st down chains and etc.

Liberty beat USJ 34-26.

Brandon Howard ran well over 100 yards, Kyle Jordan also broke the century mark, Marcellas Price ran for around 50 , and Corey Moore had some runs up the middle and had around 30 yards or so. The passing game was ok for Liberty, they had one INT that was returned by USJ for a TD.

Liberty's run defense was excellent.

USJ passing offense was awesome in the beggining. Liberty's DB's had excellent coverage on USJ's WR's but USJ's Ryan Ross had his passes right on the money.

If Ross stays healthy USJ will make some noise once again in 1A ball.

Besides the one INT return and one long TD pass on one of USJ's first plays Liberty pretty much dominated the game.

After having an offeseason where Liberty could work in the weight room and have some conditioning added in with having a season and offseason together they have come together as a team with a little depth and some physical players. They will not be pushed around like they were last season.

Stopped by for awhile to watch some action , final varsity score was 27-26

Not sure how all of USJ's scores came about I know Ryan Ross had TD passes to

Hunter Garrett and Andrew Long and Long returned a INT for a TD. Both the TD passes were long passes, right on the money and in stride, both recievers fast, defenders couldn't catch 'em. Liberty really looked good running game is very good, their line was opening big holes. USJ took the lead with the int and Liberty got the ball back and scored they then put the JV in and Liberty's JV scored once

they also looked good . Liberty should have a winning season , they have improved alot since last year