Sevier Co.

scbballfreak

After a 35 minute rain delay due to lighting this was a very good game. It was a shootout in the first half then sevier took over, The rb had 202 yards rushing most in the second half, for a 40-28 final. Maybe some people including myself counted them out when we shouldnt. Even though the had 125 yards in penalities seymour just couldnt get it going in the second half, this team looks pretty good, i think they could do some things this year if they play like they did in the second half.

I was impressed more by my team the Eagles. We scored first and slugged it out in the first half. I thought the rain delay might affect sevierville more than us but I was wrong on that. sevierville jumped on us and in two plays scored from 70 yards, we turned it over after the ensuing kickoff and then a couple of plays later the bears scored again. (Maybe SHS would have been better of it the rains hadn't come.)

The difference in the game was the second half. Seymour's boys were worn out by sevierville's depth and size.

I wasn't impressed with sevierville's offense - 154 yards passing and 74 of that was on a clearly busted coverage. So take that pass away and sevierville would have been 3-9-1 passing for 80 yards. More balance needed for a top team..

Seymour had more first downs and lost two fumbles. Seymour was outgained by over 100 yards.

Not bad for a AAA team against a AAAAA team... I was proud of our boys and we should have a good season. bears, good luck against Halls.

Edited by scoT1753

I was impressed more by my team the Eagles.  We scored first and slugged it out in the first half.  I thought the rain delay might affect sevierville more than us but I was wrong on that.  sevierville jumped on us and in two plays scored from 70 yards, we turned it over after the ensuing kickoff and then a couple of plays later the bears scored again.  (Maybe SHS would have been better of it the rains hadn't come.)

The difference in the game was the second half.  Seymour's boys were worn out by sevierville's depth and size.

I wasn't impressed with sevierville's offense - 154 yards passing and 74 of that was on a clearly busted coverage.  So take that pass away and sevierville would have been 3-9-1 passing for 80 yards.  More balance needed for a top team..

Seymour had more first downs and lost two fumbles.  Seymour was outgained by over 100 yards.

Not bad for a AAA team against a AAAAA team... I was proud of our boys and we should have a good season.  bears, good luck against Halls.

825308730[/snapback]

Not impressed? Come on now Scott. 202 yards rushing by 1 guy and the offense didnt look good? Maybe the rain delay took big mo away from seymour but still. And to say the offense didnt look good because your defense busted the coverage, you sound a little sour over the loss to me. And caleb moore is wats gonna carry yall this year, that boy can play. But back to my question, how was the offense not impressive, maybe not the best in the world, but they had almost 125 yards in penalties and still scored 40 points. And yes seymour is 3a and sevier is 5a, but in a intra-county rivalry you can just throw everything out the window at kickoff. They showed that last night, it was a slugfest in the first half, but size and better conditioning took over the second half, seymour just looked tired including caleb, he ran all over the sc d the first half and did next to nothing in the second. But in any event this game was awesome, so don tsay the offense wasnt inpressive when they put up 40 points and pate ahd 202 yards rushing, just deal with the loss and deal with the busted coverage, dont say the offense was bad just because ur guys werent in the right spot to make the play.good luck to seymour in the coming weeks,

I was impressed with SC's offense, especially the OL. Anybody that likes football would agree if they watched the game. The Moore kid is a tough player who is elusive and can throw the football. Serafine is one of the top receivers in East TN. Seymour always has nice skill position players. Everybody talks about SC's depth and size. I was at the game, and it looked like Seymour has some size as well. Depth? I don't know, I noticed both team's skill guys playing both ways-not sure about the lineman. Anytime these teams play-it's going to be fun, and the other night was no different. The only team left on Seymour's schd. that they will have any trouble with-will be Fulton. That's the biggest difference in 3A and 5A, in 5A there is no "gimmie" games. That's not taking anything away from Seymour-they can't help what region they land in.

OK scbballfreak - you got me. I guess I should have said not impressed with a complete offense. The running game was very strong big 32 was a big hard tough runner. He is a load to bring down and didn't seem to wear down. Wasn't impressed with the passing game. If CB hadn't busted coverage that play wouldn't have went.

As far as being sour over the loss, I'm always sour over a Seymour loss - and NO loss is as bitter as losing to the bears. :lol:

Edited by scoT1753

OK scbballfreak - you got me.  I guess I should have said not impressed with a complete offense.  The running game was very strong big 32 was a big hard tough runner.  He is a load to bring down and didn't seem to wear down.  Wasn't impressed with the passing game.  If CB hadn't busted coverage that play wouldn't have went.

As far as being sour over the loss, I'm always sour over a Seymour loss - and NO loss is as bitter as losing to the bears.  ;)

825310534[/snapback]

ya i agree on the passing game scott. But seymour did play hard in the first half, i'll give that to you. But in this game the depth, size and experience took over. Something sevier co hasnt had in a long time in any category. Good luck to seymour in the coming weeks, maybe we'll have all 4 county teams in the playoffs agian this year. Sevier co representin, go bears!