Lincoln Co. vs. Blackman

falconfan94

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LC has to develop some kind of passing attack.  Franklin stacked the line and brought the Falcon offense to a halt.

825309400[/snapback]

Or get outside quick with a speed sweep or bubble screen....I thought a screen pass would have killed us the other night! I still remember the team Blackman had their second year. They were incredible athletes. WHat do they have this year?

Blackman lost to Ravenwood??? Is Ravenwood any good?

825309598[/snapback]

Ravenwood impressed me as a well coached team last year with limitations based on the young athletes they had. Our local Will Co. sports writer had them ranked above Franklin in the preseason, and he knows Franklin well! By the way when the team huddled after the shaking of hands our sportswriter was standing by to interview players, The first thing Tim Johnson did was turn to him and ask him what does that scoreboard say? The sportswriter had picked Lincoln Co to beat us !!

I pick LC to win. Blackman has no O-line. They have good backs and receivers and a good QB but don't have good enough blocking to help them out. Defense also isn't very good. Most of the defensive lineman just stand straight up and don't attack and the secondary is stuggling to stop passes. Linebackers are solid though. I think Blackman has a lot of talent with the few players they have on their team but they lack discipline and they don't play very well as a team.

Now I haven't seen LC play this year so I'm bases this on what I've seen Blackman this year and from what I saw with last year's LC team.

i agree...stop #28 and stop lincoln co. blaze have a great back field and QB and some talent at reciever but their line just doesnt seem to be physical and D line isnt attacking.. if the D would wrap up the first hit and not over pursue they should be ok but for now im gonna go with LC on this one

even though lincoln county comepletely slaughtered blackman last year, i think this will be somewhat of a close game, blackman- lincoln county is still one of the best new rivalries. blackman beat LC the first 3 years, but did not have the greatest team last year, blackman should be much improved but my prediction is LC by 7-10

Both teams lost alot of starters, so given the strengths of the teams last year one would think that Lincoln County has the advantage.

Doesn't necessarily mean the Falcons will win, though.

But I'll be rootin' for them!

Go Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beat BLACKMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Blackman will be able to pull this one out (some shock that i pick the Blaze huh?) As everyone has already stated the Blaze's weakness is in the trenches this year, but with Merideth, Mimms, and Locke in the backfield that will wear down the Falcons. Blackman has a very good linebacking group with alot of expeirence plus the Falcons have to come to the inferno and thats always an advantage for the Blaze. I cant wait, my first football game post-graduation. Go blaze. :o thumb