CAK vs Temple

Kto2122

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Temple was giving CAK a pretty good game in the first half. It was going back and forth, but CAK laid it on them in the second half. Harb was alright. He was alittle shakey with a couple of interceptions and off key passes, he'll improve. Runningback Trey Bowland looked good though. It took two or three Temple guys to take him down. I know one thing, if CAK wants to contend with Greenback, Midway, etc., the defense needs to step it up. They can't rely on Greenback or Midway to get tired in the second half, which I think is what happened at Temple. Temple only has 24 players and by the second half, they could barely walk. I think CAK will pull it together. Your first game is always the sloppiest. Edited by Fballman685

Yoakley did well. I dont have exact stats but he made some key catches. The receivers all around looked pretty good. They had they're sloppy moments, but again it was their first game. They can only improve from here. I would watch out for Trey. Again, he looked impressive. I predict you will be hearing alot about him in the upcoming season.

CAK's opponents already know to look out for Trey Bowland; he has been outstanding since his freshman year (in the top 5 rushers in KIL as a 9th grader). Harb probably was a bit shaky since it was his first-ever football start, but had 6 TD passes and some 335+ yards (and only 1 interception) passing in 3 quarters, so not too shabby. Hopefully the next 2 weeks of preparation before a big Greenback game will help all around.

Edited by warriorwatcher

My point with Trey is that last year you rarely ever heard about the run game. CAK was an air attack team, I dont think they are going to have that same air attack that they had out of Cunningham last season. I think they are going to establish the run game even more. I dont think the passing game is going to be as effective as last season. Yes Hard had 6 TD passes, but they werent against a tough defensive team. If he can rack in those same stats with teams like Greenback and Oneida then I will be impressed, but as for now, I am not.