Gleason

the muffin man

Obviously, they are a tough, gritty bunch that wants to see their program turned around. the muffin man, since ya'll have already played 'em you tell us what are they like. I haven't seen them play but, they have given a good account of themselves so far.

I do know that their coach was considered to be one of the better players to come out of Gleason and surely knows the game. Guess we'll see what he can do about coaching players to that level now.

Edited by duckman38201

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are outa shape when we played but they did have some big tackles, but the line played pretty sloppy no offense, but the tackles were big, very big, i know that they had a running back that good bit of times refused to go down he was small but powerfull. there backs were decent, they could have done alot better but they werent conditioned enough, even for goin both ways like most of them, they still were tired but the second quater.

the muffin man,

I will agree that conditioning and a GOOD weight program are vital to haveing a decent football program now. That doesn't have to cost a lot of $ but, has to be all but a year round program.

Conditioning and strength is even more important when depth isn't there and the kids are having to play both ways. That was normal (playing both ways) back in the '60's when I played but, not so common for many players today.

By the way, went to my twin grandson's first football game in Gleason to day and there were a lot of kids out there playing. The twins won their first game 14-0 and their team looked pretty good to me for kids that young (3d & 4th graders). Saw a few good licks passed too! Some of those kids have been watchin' some football somewhere!!!!!!

see we played them, i play for a small privite school in shelby county, the school is rosemark, we got about 120 kids in the high school if that many, but u know for a privite school my size, we dont got alot of money we prolly average about 60-70 thousand dollars for sports a year while other schools are in the 100,000+ range, u just gotta make due with wat you got, and trust me we dont got alot of things that other schools do, but see we also went 8-3 last year, and this year 4-0, but for gleason i hope they do good, but they do need conditioning