Maryville vs. Alcoa Score

missingthesouth

I wish Alcoa all the best for the rest of the season. They played with more heart than any Alcoa team in recent memory.

That said, it was about what I expected. I said Ducky would get 80 yards exactly. I was wrong on his TD total. I had given him one, so I was wrong there.

It was a strange game. Maryville played one half, alcoa played the other. The guys on the radio were right on my way out. Alcoa won the second half, but that and their win in the "who can collect the most cans of food drive" was all they had to take home.

This series is getting lopsided again. Oh, good job collecting cans Alcoa. That's an honorable victory. :justwrestle:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

REBELRAIDER or REBELPANSY i did see those things, having fun with the reading comprehension, did you have to do kindergarden twice, how many time have you had to take the ACT to pass the reading part, what part of "maryville is good, really good" dont you understand? i didnt argue that they didnt dominate because they did, fiegler struggled, clement  played great, all these things are true, just as true that youre a babbling idiot, by the way i was best doggeball player ever at marryville intermediate, ask anyone they will tell you

825317868[/snapback]

That's funny. I don't care whoy ou are... :justwrestle:

historically Alcoa just "big plays" Maryville to death in situations where Alcoa has won the game.  For instance, i think in 1998 Alcoa only had 2 or 3 first downs in the entire game, but won the game.  So.....take it for what it's worth, but tonight's game was very similiar to MHS vs AHS in every aspect.  Sometimes Alcoa wins, sometimes Maryville wins.  Who has the overall winning record...that would be something interesting to know.

825316982[/snapback]

Maryvile and it ain't even close...

After all the excitement building up to the game, I was pretty disappointed with the actual event. Maryville looked sharp early. They scored easily on the first series and then failed to convert touchdowns on the subsequent possessions. I think that the early dominance of Maryville lulled the Rebel fans into complacency (or maybe that was the unyielding heat). It really should have already been a blowout by halftime. I think that if MHS had put up the points that had narrowly escaped them, then they could have gotten away with playing so flat in the second.

Having said that Maryville was clearly the better team, Alcoa definitely deserves the credit given them for not giving up. Against all odds they fought back. They should be proud of that.

Warren is a stud. And he's a nice kid. I hate that some people are talking a lot of trash about him. He could not possibly be expected to have a huge game against a good defense like Maryville's that has enough skill to defend both the pass and the run. I also thought that Alcoa did not put enough pressure on the defense down the field by attempting enough deep passes.

The bottom line is that MHS is a complete 4A team. Alcoa is a complete 2A team. The depth of Maryville was overwhelming in that stifling heat. I mean, I stretched out, drank plenty of fluids, conditioned for weeks and still almost cramped up from standing there watching.

I think the hype from AHS was a little unrealistic, but I wish them continued luck.

hey rebelraider, or this guy, or MATT KYLE, why dont you get a life and worry about winning your region in 4A. Maryville has a lot of work to do to make it to state in 4A, which is the toughest division in the state. Dude your talking all this about duck and brandon, well why dont you get out there and try to cover them or tackle them. People would laugh at you for trying to compete with them, and since you quit football you dont have any place to call someone a woman. In my book your the woman becuase you sit on here where your identinty is hidden and talk all this crap but if it came down to it on the football field or anywhere else with brandon and duck, then you would be QUICK TO BACK DOWN LIKE A LIL GIRL. All this stuff about being a good little league pitcher, who cares, and even if you were all the good baseball players play travel ball and wouldnt waste their time playing against little girls like yourself.

Now to the game. If brandon doesnt cramp up its a whole different game. When he was in maryville wouldnt run to his side and when they did he shut it down. 3 tackles, 3 sacks, and a forced and recovered fumble. Also on offense missing warren kills the passing game because warren is the passing game and that opens holes for my boy duck. All this about duck not running hard???? some of the offensive line played scared because of their age and inexperience, so how is duck suppose to get a head of steam when he is hit right when he touches the ball. To still get 80 yards on 19 carries, which is 4 YARDS A CARRY, that is amazing just because duck had to break 4 tackles to get 4 yards.

Yall Maryville people need to get off your high horse becauce your not as good as you think you are. Like i said earlier you will struggle to make it even to the semi-finals in 4A. Bring it on you lil girl matt because i want to hear what you have to say about this, if your second grade mind can comprehend my writing.

ALCOA CLASS OF 2006, WE RUN THIS!!!!!

No one ever said Warren was a bad kid. We are just saying he is not as good as made out to be. If he was the stud you say he is then it doesn't matter who he plays against he should dominate. I was at the game and it was almost like he wasnt even dressed.

And to say that Maryville is going to struggle?? Who will the struggle against? Take away the couple of miscues in the first half and alcoa gets stomped even worse. So saying that Maryville will struggle to make it passed the semi is possible but not likely.