Smyrna-Hendersonville

bulldog12

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Sounds like a typical Smyrna Hendy game......one that you sure get your money's worth at!! Did the TB for Hendy really get over 300 yds rushing? Surely that was a mistake on the radio!!

Sorry Baron..............you guys will do well. SHS has a good team and sounds like yall hung in there until the last play....literally.

Smyrna scored early and often on long and on a couple I mean long passes (over 60 in the air). Smyrna got up 28 to 7 H,ville came roaring back to cut it to Smyrna 35 H,ville 28 at the half. H,ville scored on their first offensive play to tie the game at 35. Smyrna kicked a field goal to make it Smyrna 38 H,ville 35

H,ville scored on a long time consuming drive to make it H,ville 42 Smyrna 38.

Here is where I think Smyrna showed their true heart becasue the momentum was clearly in H,villes corner. Orona returns the kickoff back around 90 yrds for a td (a great run with a cut back at the end ) to put Smyrna up 45 to 42.

Smyrna later adds another field goal to make it 48 to 42

H,ville gets the ball with a couple minutes left and drives it to the 20 yrd line and on 4th and 12 can not get a pass off and the qb runs out of bounds short of the first down on 4th down. Smyrna takes a knee and a truly exciting game is finally over after 3 hrs plus.

H,ville ran for I bet over 5 or 6 hundred yrds Smyrna probaly had that much on total offense.

No 27 for H,ville was a beast and we could not stop him.

The great news is we found a way to win a tough tough game even when we got behind.

Guest region4fan

That is definitely the kind of game that you need under your belt for next week. Congrats Cat! Do you realize that technically yall are #1 in the region with a 2-0 record?

I know Rdale has a good running back, well I can tell you after tonight we have seen a good running back and hopefully it will make us better

Some games you have to win with offense some with defense.

Tonight was definetly a game where you had to score and score a lot.

It should givew our offense great confidence for next week to know we can score in the 40's against a 5a caliber football team.

I still wonder why teams kick to Orona. He also had a 70 yrd punt return.

Will Rdale kick to him?

h,ville has a very very good offensive team. Their defensive backs need work and teams that can throw will hurt them

Smyrnas defense got better as the game progressed

H,ville

1st half 28 pts

3r qtr 14 pts

4th qtr 0 pts