maryville vs alcoa details

linebackers

My summary of the game from my point of view. Just my opinion.

Alcoa didn't start well but did have enough guts to stick it out and play for four quarters. There were some negatives, turnovers, secondary busts, missed tackles, some of the normal things you see early in the season. Positives, didn't quit, showed alot of heart by continuing to try to execute the game plan, played hard til the whistle blew and left the jawing and trash talk up to the know-it-all posters on CoachT. In the past even I, a former Alcoa player, have been embarrassed by the actions of some of the Alcoa players in previous years. It appears Coach Reid and his staff are working hard at stopping the type of selfish behavior that was so prevalent during the tenures of some of the previous coaches. If it wasn't obvious to the Maryville side, Alcoa played alot of younger kids that are beginning to step up and contribute to the depth of the squad. I think that will continue to be more evident as the hard work in the weight room starts to pay off.

In response to NoOneParticular, we all know that Alcoa has a big hill to climb in trying to beat the Rebels. Not many 4A schools can do it so it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that it will be difficult for a 2A school. We do generally take our loss and say 'Wait till next year'. It is fairly common to do so. I'm sure that is what Maryville said after last years loss to MoWest. The fact is, we love the rivalry and look forward to the 'opportunity' to be one of the few teams that does beat Maryville. It has been that way for a long time and I hope it continues from now til Jesus comes back.

Good luck to both teams as the season continues. Lets play the games one at a time and talk about trips to Murfreesboro if the season plays out as we all hope it will.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I have already stated Maryville just dominated the first half! In my opinion, Alcoa looks scared to hit, and could not execute anything in the first half. It took them a quarter too long try to get anything going and they lost the game!! You can't play a type of team like the Rebs and not have your game face on! You will lose every time! I hope the secondary improves throughout the rest of the season or teams like Wartburg will throw for 500 yrds!! Good luck to both Blount Co. teams!!!!!!! thumb

Calm down THOR(rebelraider), your viking hoard has secured the Norse Kingdom for another year!!!!!lol :P  thumb

825316914[/snapback]

That is so funny!! Hey, that guy wears a helmet to the ballgames, like their gonna call him in to play. I don't think his overalls are standard team issue though. I love this post. Too funny. People can get carried away for sure. :blink: