What has happened to Tullahoma football?

wingman10

Coach Olive has had a successful career at Tullahoma. However, they looked awful tonight. They couldn't tackle, block, thow or run the ball. They have very little team speed and they had a lack of hustle and desire. Very seldom do you see Coach Olive's teams get out hit and out hustle. They won 3 games last year and will have a difficult time in winning 4 games in 04. I know Tullahoma's fans and parents think this class and next year's class are special, but I just don't see it. I am wondering what is wrong with Tullahoma football?

Tullahoma has three big rivalries in three straight weeks at home, including last nites game with Franklin Co and its big for the fans, but the most important of the three is the one next Friday nite because its a Region game with Shelbyville. The Golden Eagles didn't play last nite and had coaches scouting the Cats against the Rebels. It should be a good one. Shelbyville lost to a good Mt Juliet team last week late in the game and will be ready for Tullahoma. I think THS will forget about last nites loss and will be ready to play a good game against Shelbyville. I hope QB Matt Mitchell is healthy and the Cats can rebound. This game could be the make or break game for Tullahoma as far making the play-offs. The Cats secondary will certainly be tested as Jared Frazier, who threw two late interceptions against Mt Juliet, will be looking for a much better game. It should be a great game.

As I stated earlier I didn't think Tullahoma wouldn't win against Franklin Co., Shelbyville, or Coffee Co. I hope I am wrong, but I just don't think Tullahoma has the talent to win any of these games. I have a lot of respect for Coach Olive. He is one of the good ones. I just think the talent level is down at Tullahoma. Very few of their players could start at Shelbyville, Coffee Co or Franklin Co.

I don't think there are very many Tullahoma fans who get on this message board regardless if they win or lose. Usually don't see very many posts out of Tullahoma.

Tullahoma is a city school system. They are in the corner of 3 counties. They do not draw from the county unless parents are willing to fork over money. Some years the talent is better than others. County schools should always have an advantage over the Tullahoma's and Shelbyville's.

Olive has had a nice run during his tenure and I am sure he will be successful in the future. This years team can only be judged at the end of the season, not after two games. I don't think anyone should overlook a Olive coached team but it don't look like they are going to scare anyone either.

Tullahoma was 3-7 last year. The fans and parents thought this year and next year would be some of their better teams. Yes, Tullahoma sits in the corner of 3 counties. However, throughout the years, many students from Franklin Co has paid to go to Tullahoma, including outstanding students and athletes. Last year, this message board had several posters from Tullahoma. Binns still post here and he is a class act. I agree that Coach Olive is a good coach. Tullahoma thought they would have a great year. Hopefully, they will. I just don't see it. I saw the game with Franklin Co. Tullahoma had very few players that could play at FC and Tullahoma players looked like they threw in the towel early on. Edited by wingman10

Shelbyville was ready to play last nite and did what they had to do against a very good effort by Tullahoma. The Cats were without their starting QB and four starting offensive linemen and now will lose their fine running back, George Childress, for a few games with a thumb injury that will require surgery. It was tied late in the 4th quarter and the defense for the Cats finally gave out. Shelbyville lost to Mt. Juliet in Week 0 much the same way, late in the fourth quarter. I know that injuries are part of the game of football, but THS has had more than their share, especially on offense. Congratulations to Coach Whit Taylor and his staff and team on their victory. It was a good hard fought game on both sides. Coach John Olive means much more to this program than wins and losses and I think most of the fans will agree. I don't think the talent level is down all that much with the middle school program going undefeated for over two years, but some of these players are young and inexperienced at the varsity level. There 's nothing you can do about injuries and I'm sure some of these underclassmen will have to step up and learn quickly. I'm sure Coffee County can't wait for this Friday nite and their chances look good to win the Coffee Pot for the second year in a row. I know the Red Raiders will be ready, especially after losing to Cookeville by 1 pt.