Lincoln Co win

lincolncofan

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that Blackman must feel like they got their guts ripped out. Tough loss for them.

825317174[/snapback]

I'm sure that Blackman does feel that way for sure. Both teams played a very sloppy game on both sides of the ball making mistake after mistake.

I will say for sure that L.C. is VERY fortunate to come away with the win that's for sure. With Blackman driving for a td late in the fourth qt. that for all pratical purposes would have put the game away, they fumble the ball on the L.C. 10 and it is picked up by Arrington Bryson and carried back 90 yards for the winning td.

L.C. got on the board first in the 1st. Qt after recovering a Blackman punt on the 5

yard line of Blackman with a 9 yard run for a td by Josh Gregory, (after a 5 yard motion penality). Then Blackman came right back with a 60 yard punt return for a td by Jeremy Mims but the 2 point conversion failed and L.C. still lead 7-6. Then in the 2nd. qt. Blackman's kicker Rome kicked a 24 yd fg. for a 9-7 halftime lead for Blackman. No one scored in the third then L.C. 's Jacob Campbell kicked a 30 yd fg. to put L.C. up 10-9. Then Blackman came right back with a 1 play 49 yd. drive with Merideth taking it in from the 49 , the 2 point conv. failed and it was 15-10 Blackman. Then Blkmn then scored again on a 9 yd run by Locke, 2 pt. conv. no good, Blkmn led 21-10. But then L.C. roared right back on a 1 play 65 yard pass from Sophmore Q.B. Brince Ellis to Arrington Bryson, the 2 pt conv. was good and it was 21-18, then after giving up several big runs to blackman L.C. then found it's back to the wall when the fumble occured and was returned 90 yds for a td. by Bryson and the 2 pt. conv,was good and the final score was L.C. 25 Blackman 21. Josh Gregory had 125 yards rushing, coming mostly in the first half.

L.C. probably lost starting TE./ DE. Neon Dobbins for theyear with what looked like a dislocated knee.

What a game!!! WOW! One of the best I have seen! Lincoln County snuck out of Murfreesboro with this one. I think the Falcons may have found a new QB. My thoughts are with Neon Dobbins. Neon and his family had an extremely tough week. Lincoln County needed this win. I do have to say that #20 for Blackman is one tough dude! Ok...time to put this one behind us and focus on Warren County! GO FALCONS!!!

The game certainly had exciting moments, but overall it was one of the worst games I've ever seen, on both sides of the ball. Almost all the points came from big plays or following big plays...I don't think there was a single sustained drive the entire game. I saw some good individual effort, but very little team effort. I've heard alot of folks say we need a quarterback change, but I don't see how that will make the offense make holes or the defense do a better job tackling. Fraley ain't no Edmiston, and Ellis may be better, but that's the least of our worries at this point. As long as parents and players are grousing about the quarterback, the team probably won't improve much. I trust Thompson to do what's best...he may not do what's best in every case, but he'll be right alot more often than the complainers will.

I will say that the defense did a good job overall in the red zone - the Blaze didn't make any two point conversions. Also, the kicking game improved tremendously from last week.

I'm glad the Falcons won, but I think Blackman played better overall, and it's gotta be a tough loss for them to take. I think they'll do better in their region than folks think.

If we keep playing like we did last night, we'll be lucky to come in fourth in our region. I know our boys can do better!

Go Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jabbo