Region 3 AAA Coach of the Year

coasterboarder

Alright, I saw that this aspect of the Region 3 race was left out. BCHSTrack, Im sure you were about to start one, but I thought Id go ahead and get it up- I couldnt take waiting any longer.

I think if this is successful (or even if its not....) Ill go ahead and make separate threads for the girls and guys region 3 AAA COY, then Ill make a thread for the girls and guys A-AA region 3 COY, and then after that, I might go ahead and make an all encompassing thread that discusses the finer points that we cant aptly discuss in all these separate threads (like course terrain, fan support, weather, etc.)

Alright, let the discussion begin... thumb

• 2 weeks later...

Larry Cotton for either one. His girls have won region the past two years and should make another good run. The boys team has finished second the past two years and should be strong again this year. If you look at both teams, he has been the best coach the past two years and should be again. The man is devoted to BCHS XC and T&F. He deserves a lot more recognition than he gets.

Coach Tim Smith should be the Coach of the Year for Region 3 AAA. His teams have WON Region for the past 3 years and his team this year is about to win their 4th in a row. He has sent all 3 teams he has coached to the state meet, placing 11th in 2001, 1st in 2002, and 8th in 2003. In 2004, his team should make another run for the state title. The main factor is that he has A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP ring! He is expecting to be fitted for another one soon!

Coach Tim Smith should be the Coach of the Year for Region 3 AAA. His teams have WON Region for the past 3 years and his team this year is about to win their 4th in a row. He has sent all 3 teams he has coached to the state meet, placing 11th in 2001, 1st in 2002, and 8th in 2003. In 2004, his team should make another run for the state title. The main factor is that he has A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP ring! He is expecting to be fitted for another one soon!

825334498[/snapback]

And his girls have done what?

Larry Cotton for either one.  His girls have won region the past two years and should make another good run.  The boys team has finished second the past two years and should be strong again this year.  If you look at both teams, he has been the best coach the past two years and should be again.  The man is devoted to BCHS XC and T&F.  He deserves a lot more recognition than he gets.

825334334[/snapback]

You are obviously from Bradley. The team that McMinn's boys have beaten the last 3 years in a row? We barely even have enough girls to have a team in Cross country, so theres a good reason why the girls arent as good. But a girl from McMinn DID WIN state in 2002 like runnerboy said.

You just got served. O yea, did i meantion that the boys won state in 2002 in addition to Laura winning? Im sure you remember that.

You just got served again.

Edited by gimme3

I think when talking of coaches there is quite the difference in Cotton and Smith, yes they are both coaches and have a tendency to win, BUT (isn't there always a but?) Where the difference comes in is that: (from the Jack Daniels RUNNING FORMULA) "a great coach is the result of a coach and a great athlete getting along well". Smith has this Cotton does not!!!! So I think Smith desreves this award!!!