McMinn County Soccer-Why Always Good?

EndzoneDrama

Hey guys, just wondering...why (really in both boys & girls) is McMinn County always good and always stacked with talent? It seems like after every graduating class of seniors, there's more & more talent to back them up...where do they come from??? Congratulations, you guys def. deserve it! thumb

Edited by EndzoneDrama

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

strength of schedule has alot to do with it.

Baylor (which they lost 6-0) and Tullahoma are the only two good teams they have on their schedule. (according to soccerinfo.com)

They tied Cumberland Co 2-2. Cumberland Co. is not well known as a soccer powerhouse.

What have they ever done outside of their weak district? They are good campared to the teams in their district and have done well in the region the last few years.

I dont think McMinn will be as good as the teams that they have had in the last 5 years. They have talent, but I dont think they have enough. Im not sure why they arent doing as good. They tied a relatively weak Cumberland team, but beat a usually strong Soddy Daisy team the next day. They have a big question mark on them.

i don't think the girls are gonna live up to the standards set by previous years. but i think the boys will be dominant again although they lost nick shaver which will hurt. but they still have the most effecient goal scorer in the state in jared price. girls though do have some good players. and they also have some very good young talent. like kathryn gomez. who scored in the cumberland county game. and they are led by some supreme seniors. and they have an upcoming freshman amy porter who'll put some goals in next year.

They play throught the summers and have had good coaching at the club level, many of them play for different teams and it takes a few games to get in sink. They also have a good rec program that identifies talent and they move to a higher level of competition play. Other in our districit do the same thing but not to the level McMinn does it and it all comes from the parents wanting to help their children succeed. They do lack some speed they have had in the past. They so have a deep young bench. Hope the starters will get to stay in the hard matches to get them use to post season play. Which has not happen in the past. This season will be fun to see and wish the girls luck and remember you make your own Luck. GO CHEROKEES

i don't think the girls are gonna live up to the standards set by previous years. but i think the boys will be dominant again although they lost nick shaver which will hurt. but they still have the most effecient goal scorer in the state in jared price. girls though do have some good players. and they also have some very good young talent. like kathryn gomez. who scored in the cumberland county game. and they are led by some supreme seniors. and they have an upcoming freshman amy porter who'll put some goals in next year.

825323543[/snapback]

Some of that made sense but........kathryn gomez??? she's not even the best freshmen on the team, i could name 3 or 4 just as good or better. Lets try to not let personal feelings influence our posts

Edited by J_Rock44