Building the Perfect Beast

Rebel Nation

Here's a good end of week topic that might run on for awhile. Using only current players from East Tennessee (lets say Crossville to Knoxville/Johnson City to Chattanooga), put the unstoppable offense together. When we've wore that out, I'll start a strand for defense.

Also, lets try to stick to skill players initially. We can get into O-line later on. They matter 100% as much, but everyone knows who they want for the skill positions for sure. You can use anyone from 1A to 5A, but lets leave Div. II schools out for now. Oh, also, please don't say" the whole ___ school offense", or "the whole _____ school backfield. Be creative and original please.

Here's who I'd have:

QB- Cade Thompson(Maryville)/Zack Helton(Knox Central)

RB-Dustin Lindsey(Alcoa)/David Gaston(Knoxville Central)

WR- Andrew Clement (Maryville)/ Steven Hensley(Coalfield)

TE- TJ Franklin (Knoxville Catholic)

Who would ya'll choose? :huh:

QB- Zach Helton, Knox Central - Take him away from his team and they may go 5-5.

QB- Duran Ferguson, Kingsport - Is the best pure quarterback in the eastern half of the state. Makes fair decisions and throws a great ball.

RB- Spencer Gulmire, Oak Ridge - Runs hard every play, has great moves for a white boy.

RB- Ronald Osborne, William Blount - Averages 20-something yards per carry. Is one of the fastest backs around.

WR- Lamon Williams, Kingsport - Best receiver I've seen in a long, long time. Big and strong with good hands, more of a Terrell Owens type player.

WR- Tyler Maples, Maryville - Will be an all-stater before he's through, only a Sophomore...maybe Junior, can't remember.

TE- Brandon Warren, Alcoa - Far and away the best hands in the area. Good enough frame to build on, as well.

QB- Zach Helton, Knox Central - Take him away from his team and they may go 5-5.

QB- Duran Ferguson, Kingsport - Is the best pure quarterback in the eastern half of the state.  Makes fair decisions and throws a great ball.

RB- Spencer Gulmire, Oak Ridge - Runs hard every play, has great moves for a white boy.

RB- Ronald Osborne, William Blount - Averages 20-something yards per carry.  Is one of the fastest backs around.

WR- Lamon Williams, Kingsport - Best receiver I've seen in a long, long time.  Big and strong with good hands, more of a Terrell Owens type player.

WR- Tyler Maples, Maryville - Will be an all-stater before he's through, only a Sophomore...maybe Junior, can't remember.

TE- Brandon Warren, Alcoa - Far and away the best hands in the area.  Good enough frame to build on, as well.

825324352[/snapback]

You say take Helton away from his team and they might go 5-5. I've seen Helton play several times, and I say if he were on a Carter, Gibbs, Cocke County, or similar type team that did not have the outstanding speedy athletes around him that Central does, that can turn a 5-10 yard screen pass into a 70 yard TD, and he would be an average QB.