DII-AAA

rollredroll

Initial thoughts of the Super 7 after Week 2....this league is, overall, tough as always.

MBA is definitely down, but came through with a hard fought 24-7 win versus a ground-oriented Southaven (MS) team. When Snyder and Tipton are back, this team will be tough again.

CBHS's win over BA tonight was impressive. BA was definitely the front-runner going into this game, but CBHS came through with the 17-14 win versus a BA team slightly depleted but still tough. Great win for a CBHS team who lost a lot to graduation.

MUS eked out a win, as did McCallie, versus ECS and Ryan, respectively. ECS has given MUS fits recently, and perennial cellar dwellar Ryan played 5A toughie Brentwood High close last week.

Baylor beat 1A contender Boyd Buchanan tonight in a close game. 1A produces tough teams (CPA vs. Riverdale last week), and B-B is one of them. Great win for Baylor.

The league's best team since inception (MBA) is learning the ropes with a young team, and the Memphis schools are coming on strong. The Chattanooga schools are undefeated in Tennessee.

The Super 7, as a whole, is proving to be the class of Tennessee yet again. A lot of football left to be played, but DII-AAA looks strong once again. Excellent balance from early indications.

I would tend to agree, RRR. Although AAA doesn't have a true standout team like MBA was last season, as a whole the league is tougher. CBHS, MBA, BA, McCallie, and MUS all can beat anyone on a given night. Baylor and Ryan are not pushovers either.

As I stated in another thread, we'll get a good barometer when Christian Brothers takes on Germantown for true Memphis supremacy next week. CBHS already dominated Whitehaven, who beat Germantown last night.

BTW, RRR...do you know which are MBA's "region" games this year?

Edited by itzme

I'm not really sure, but I'll look into it.  I've never understood why all intra-Super 7 games do not count towards league standings.

825328210[/snapback]

Roll Red Roll,

How can you say that McCallie barely beat Father Ryan? The score was misleading. Ryan scored their 16th point with under 10 seconds to go in the game. That went for 2 to make it 18 to make others think (it must have worked) that the score was more respectful than it actually was. Ryan is a classless program that has a long way to go to match the character displayed by teams like MBA, BA and McCallie. With 2 seconds to go in the game and down by 12 Father Ryan attempted on onside kick. REally?

Ryan Fans, you must be proud to be 0-3 and and have a coach that tries not to be emberassed week end and week out.

Roll Red Roll,

How can you say that McCallie barely beat Father Ryan?  The score was misleading.  Ryan scored their 16th point with under 10 seconds to go in the game.  That went for 2 to make it 18 to make others think (it must have worked) that the score was more respectful than it actually was.  Ryan is a classless program that has a long way to go to match the character displayed by teams like MBA, BA and McCallie.  With 2 seconds to go in the game and down by 12 Father Ryan attempted on onside kick.  REally? 

Ryan Fans, you must be proud to be 0-3 and and have a coach that tries not to be emberassed week end and week out.

825328222[/snapback]

What a first post! Welcome to coacht.com. Way to bash the FRHS faithful who haven't said anything negative thus far about McCallie.

30-10, 30-16, 30-18 - it doesn't matter. The point of the post was that the league looks well-balanced this year. I thought McCallie would have won by more than 20 (or 14, or 12). Ryan hung tough relative to many people's expectations.

What a first post!  Welcome to coacht.com.  Way to bash the FRHS faithful who haven't said anything negative thus far about McCallie.

30-10, 30-16, 30-18 - it doesn't matter.  The point of the post was that the league looks well-balanced this year.  I thought McCallie would have won by more than 20 (or 14, or 12).  Ryan hung tough relative to many people's expectations.

825328235[/snapback]

Balanced . . .perhaps. Am I to get the sense that FRHS does have some class, at least through the football program, and I should recant my remarks?

Edited by shannon

Am I to get the sense that FRHS does have some class, at least through the football program,  and I should recant my remarks?

825328265[/snapback]

I don't know what happened at the McCallie game, so I can't comment specifically. That being said, I'm not sure I would classify an on-sides kick as classless when trailing, even if a W is out of the question. You never know when points scored or margin of victory/defeat factors into some sort of tie-breaker come playoff time.