Trouble in NW Viking Land?

NEW

After watching the Northeast and Northwest game on Friday and it was what some might call a shocker outside the Northeast circle of Fans (NOrtheast 21 Northwest 8). I hope now that Northwest can stop clearing out room for this years state champion's trophy and realize that they have some corrections to make and it all strarts at the top with the head coach. In the past Coach Stephens has had no problem taking his share of the credit in the newspaper and on the radio now when things are not going as well for him will he step up and take his share of the blame for the loss. This Northwest coaching staff takes a lot of criticism in this forum and a lot of that can be attributed to the head coach and his managing of the team. He is at the controls of a very talented football team but needs to make some corrections in that his offense is predicatbly right handed and 80% of the carriers are going to cedric wilkerson so defenses key on him while another very capable and able back (NIX) is used sparingly. As for playmaker24 maybe you can now take time out of your busy schedule to realize that no body recruits a back or names them MR. FOOTBALL that fumbles constantly. In two games you have fumbled 4+ times. So hopefully you could spend less time on CoachT firing up your opponents and more time on the practice field with ball security drills. In short this is not the same Northwest team that played so well last year despite their coaching, this team will need some help and guidence from their leaders to achieve success in this current season. As for Northeast they executed a game plan minimalized their mistakes and are beginning to look like a good football that is loaded with experienced senior players. NATE WILSON is the best offensive line man in Clarksville maybe the region. Northeast was physical with the Viking defensive front and gradually wore them down the second half of the ball game. Those kids played with an intensity and fire that Northwest lacked. Best of Luck to both teams in the future hopefully Northwest will check their ego and make their corrections and get back on track while Northeast will remeber it is not how you start but finish the season! Keep working hard boys you have chosen the correct path so FAR! GO EAGLES!

Edited by NEW

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutly, I agree 100%. Gutt check time and the Vikings are at a crossroads. This team is full of talent that is breaking at the seams. You always start from the top. When I played for Coach Patterson he told us one thing that is and has always stuck in my head, " When you win give the credit 1st to the Athletes, 2nd to the Coaches, and 3rd to the Fans. However, if you lose it rest on the head coach." I do not feel this is happening. CoachChris sat next to me on the Northeast side last night and by the look on his face there was a sence of disrespect. Why did the two coaches leave the stands at half time and place Southerland in the booth the second half?

Can the Vikings climb out of this hole, Yes. How will they do it? I do not know!!!! :D

Cedric don't worry, your Offensive line is small and inexperience, thats spells trpuble, I agree stay off CoachT, and play Football, Respect the GAME!!!! :unsure:

The Coaching staff of NW yeah they are real BAD, They need to throw that 1942 play book away, & step up to the 2004 play book, One thing NW has is overall team SPEED, USE IT,, a play fake here in there, Carry out the plays excute, STOP Bragging and play Football!!!!!! you can't boost a WIN!!! you have to play to WIN, and know one will give you the GAME!!!!! :huh:

NW has talent every Some how those Coaches over there never get the BEST out of their players... :blink: In NW Defense they lost a lot of good players to College Last year... Key lineman, a great Linebacker, Good D-Backs. a Wide reciever with good blocking skills...

Okay 3 Skilled players returned, buddy that does not Win Championships..... NOW Cedric and crew the NE game is a Done Deal,,, You guys have a hard Schedule ahed of U get ready for next week, and show these doubt-erz and dis-likers you can play this sport!!!!!!!!! :P GO Vikes this is just 1 game... Up sets will always happen in the Game of FOOTBALL!!!! thumb

the coaching is here, and the athletes are here, it is just a wake up call. the last time we won at the Nest was, well, I don't remember. Being a coach & a past player, I personally have never won a game varsity at Northeast. So I place the blame on my bad coaching. By the way, Northeast had a great game plan, the difference between them and us, they found a way to not leave theres as we did. Coaching is not a problem, Listen is!!!!!!! :o

This is what I see so far .... A NW team that came into this season with much pride coming off of last seasons playoff birth... They win a close game against a much improved KW squad and lose a game to NE now everyone is questioning the team... This is just a gutt check for the boys they will come out this week in practice ready to go. The team should be focused and ready for friday.

#24, work on holding on to the ball... That is one of the quickest things thatll turn a college coach's head, so just work on that and you'll be okay! I'm still looking to hear big things from you and your squad this season... Its your last year for high school... make it big... good luck to you and your boys for the rest of the season!!

And last but not least... Clarksville looks to be a big contender this season in both 4A and 5A... They are finally getting established programs and the athletes are stepping up! Good luck to all of the teams in the ville!!

BC

A wake up call helped many teams in the past and maybe for the Vikings.  Something is broke and our staff will fix it.  I am not counting out my Vikings and will be there through this hard time.

825329197[/snapback]

I think the vikings will bounce back northeast got alot of breaks and and i look for them to lose to kenwood this week

Vikings bounce back? thats cool. Northeast just beat Northwest ! they just got beat, so STOP MAKING EXCUSES, everyone else is taking the loss like a man, why can't you. Don't hate on the Eagles, who cares what you look for? no one but you. so shut up. Northeast played a good game period. The Vikings can definatly bounce back, one game don't define a season.

A wake up call helped many teams in the past and maybe for the Vikings.  Something is broke and our staff will fix it.  I am not counting out my Vikings and will be there through this hard time.

825329197[/snapback]

NW is a very good fb team---I know and have deep respect for them. The person who said this is one tough district was correct---on any given week there is a possible outcome not expected. That is why each year there are probably two quality teams that stay home while three to four teams get in with sub 500 records and in small districts. NW will be fine---and 21-8 with 7 minutes to go--as a head coach trust me--we knew they were still in it. NW and NE have 8 tough weeks left--and one win or loss this early does not make a season. I-of course wish my team sucess as I do all Clarksvilee schools. We have an awesomre test this week against a very good and much improved team.

Absolutly, I agree 100%.  Gutt check time and the Vikings are at a crossroads.  This team is full of talent that is breaking at the seams.  You always start from the top.  When I played for Coach Patterson he told us one thing that is and has always stuck in my head, " When you win give the credit 1st to the Athletes, 2nd to the Coaches, and 3rd to the Fans.  However, if you lose it rest on the head coach."  I do not feel this is happening.  CoachChris sat next to me on the Northeast side last night and by the look on his face there was a sence of disrespect.  Why did the two coaches leave the stands at half time and place Southerland in the booth the second half? 

Can the Vikings climb out of this hole, Yes.  How will they do it?  I do not know!!!! :D

825327422[/snapback]

I dont think its gut check time i think it was time northeast got some recognititon in clarksville point blank.