Marshall County vs David Lipscomb

mctigersportsfan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing we have special for tonites game is (hopefully) some roasted mustang meat

See Ya'll in L'burg later this evening

825335618[/snapback]

You know in my experience, the whole trash talking thing goes better if you do not include words like "hopefully." Just a heads-up for future posts. Cute comment though, very original, I mean, mustang meat: No ordinary person could come up with such an intense phrase. Kudos.

Everyone has been amazingly silent on what happened in this game.  I know that DL beat Marshall Co. pretty handily, but I'd like to hear some details on this game.  Twittycanes?!?

825336981[/snapback]

They must all be still at the fish fry !!!!!

Let me tell you...if you were a Tiger fan this was not a pretty sight.

DL just dominated the contest and pretty much did whatever they

wanted to do. Elrod,Rogers and Wikerson had big nights running the

football. They have an outstanding football team & are going to be in

the middle of the Class 2A chase again.

Not totally suprised by who won, but the margin was somewhat of a shock.

Disappoiting for the Tigers but not the end of the world. A lot of big games

still ahead that will determine post-season fate. This loss shows there is

much work to be done if this team has a post-season prayer.

It would have been great to have defeated DL, but the Page game this week

is really the bigger of the two for the Tigers to win.

I too am shocked at the lopsided outcome. The Mustangs came out focused & prepared. The coaches have made some position changes since the Greenbrier game. Again this is a very inexperienced but athletic team & the coaches are putting the puzzle together nicely & the players are starting to respond. There are some very unselfish players on this team. There are guys playing positions that they probably didnt think they would be playing but for the good of the team they are playing them. On Lipscombs opening drive they ran the ball right down the throats of the Tigers resulting with a 56 yard Td run to get things going. The defense stepped up the intensity this week & have some mometum heading into Goodpature week. The offense pretty much was clicking on all cylinders, running at will & was very priductive when they passed. Teams better learn to cover Ford Hillin, he is flying under the radar & making some really nice plays. The offensive line is starting to jell a little. I like what I am seeing out of those guys. Coach Taylor is working those guys & they are responding. How bout the sophmores? Elrod,Lehning & Lucas. The Mustangs will have their hands full this week but I expect the same outcome as last year. Good Luck this week. Play Hard & Have Fun!

I too am shocked at the lopsided outcome. The Mustangs came out focused & prepared. The coaches have made some position changes since the Greenbrier game. Again this is a very inexperienced but athletic team & the coaches are putting the puzzle together nicely & the players are starting to respond. There are some very unselfish players on this team. There are guys playing positions that they probably didnt think they would be playing but for the good of the team they are playing them. On Lipscombs opening drive they ran the ball right down the throats of the Tigers resulting with a 56 yard Td run to get things going. The defense stepped up the intensity this week & have some mometum heading into Goodpature week. The offense pretty much was clicking on all cylinders, running at will & was very priductive when they passed. Teams better learn to cover Ford Hillin, he is flying under the radar & making some really nice plays. The offensive line is starting to jell a little. I like what I am seeing out of those guys. Coach Taylor is working those guys & they are responding. How bout the sophmores? Elrod,Lehning & Lucas. The Mustangs will have their hands full this week but I expect the same outcome as last year. Good Luck this week. Play Hard & Have Fun!

825337996[/snapback]

Yeah, it sounds like our guys wouldn't want to tempt fate twice and play you guys again! Glad we got you early. Good luck against Goodpasture.

Yeah, it sounds like our guys wouldn't want to tempt fate twice and play you guys again!  Glad we got you early.  Good luck against Goodpasture.

825338198[/snapback]

Well I dont know about that. You guys are very good this year. I think Lipscomb was glad that they did'nt get embarrased against you. I saw where ya'll blew out Beech & Herndon had all of those yards. According to the box score it looked like he played til the end. Did he need to be out there that long. I would hate to see him get hurt at a senseless time of the game. Should he have been taken out? Good luck to the Bobcats the rest of the year.

Well I dont know about that. You guys are very good this year. I think Lipscomb was glad that they did'nt get embarrased against you. I saw where ya'll blew out Beech & Herndon had all of those yards. According to the box score it looked like he played til the end. Did he need to be out there that long. I would hate to see him get hurt at a senseless time of the game. Should he have been taken out? Good luck to the Bobcats the rest of the year.

825338933[/snapback]

Herndon came out early in the 3rd quarter after Greenbrier's first drive in the second half for a TD. The JV played the rest of the way. However, he did come in on the return team after Beech scored and took a knee instead of running it back.

Herndon came out early in the 3rd quarter after Greenbrier's first drive in the second half for a TD. The JV played the rest of the way. However, he did come in on the return team after Beech scored and took a knee instead of running it back.

825338948[/snapback]

Okay. It just looked like he was in the game til the end. You guys have got to keep him healthy.

• 2 years later...

Wow -- What a game this is going to be. Not to be a region game, this game has turned into a great rivalry. I know that Marshall County has the utmost respect for the Mustangs, and we look forward to this game each year. This will be a good measuring stick for the remainder of the season for the Tigers.

Attention to all David Lipscomb Fans ---

The Tiger Quarterback Club will be hosting a Fish Fry Friday evening before the game. Price will be $10.00 per plate for fish, fries, slaw, huspuppies, dessert and drink. We will start serving at 6:00.

Come early and enjoy some great food and good friendship !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought this was a region game