Should Players eat before games?

TigersBball42

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:o My guess is you would 'fall over' if you didn't hydrate and get fuel for your body prior to physical exertion. I think all college and pro teams have a pre-game meal a couple of hours before gametime. Eating 3 or 4 hotdogs out of the concession stand right before kickoff might not be a good idea and some kids do get 'nervous stomachs' and throw up before or during a game, but I don't think it has anything to do with eating.

It is good to eat before a game. Especially meals that are heavy in Carbs(pasta, Potatoes,Etc.). Sweets aren't good if you eat a lot. I know I used to eat a king size snickers or two regular snickers before a game and I never got sick. The sugar actually started to kick in after halftime and gave me energy.

I think that players should eat before a game. In fact, I think that all humans, not just players should eat before a game. I do no think Fridays should become eating-holidays. What would lead one to think that one should not eat on Friday. Friday is as good as any other day to eat. To take this to a deeper level, I think players should eat before practice. I think players should eat everyday. I think everyone should eat everyday. Football might affect how you eat, but it should not affect if you eat. So to all those wondering: Eat. Eat on Friday. Eat on Tuesday. Eat on Sunday. Eat on Thursday. Eat on Monday. Eat on Saturday. Eat on Wednesday.