Franklin Co. @ Hillsboro

iam1

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this is the best FC team in 20 years. However, they are well coached (Coach Mantooth is a gem) and have a solid team. They are weak on special teams, (especially kicking x points), below average at qb and in the secondary. However, they play with a lot of heart. Very few teams outhit Coach Mantooth's teams. Hillsboro probably has too much speed for FC. For FC to stay close, they have to play smash mouth football and limit the turnovers.

Edited by wingman10

i agree. havent seen them play enough games to tell if this is the best team that they have had.but although playing with a lot of heart can carry you a long way,if they are to be in contention this year they have to play against all kind of teams,that means teams with a lot of speed such as hillsboro.to pull out a win i think we may see russell at qb sometime in the game.although they have 9 int's on the year already they still need work in the secondary.but i really would like to see this game and the true test that fc is going to have friday night.

does anyone know what kind of speed hillsboro has in the back field.do they throw a lot and how big is their line?

825332041[/snapback]

#23 has a lot of speed at the FB position in the wing T. They really don't have a lot of passes. The team speed is not like it has been in the years past at the skilled positions. Hillsboro's offensive line is not that big with the exeption for # 76. He also plays on the D line. They are a great team, but they aren't like the usuall. I think this one will come to the team that has the fewest turnovers and less penalties.

If this were last year, I would say Franklin Co wouldn't have a chance, but this year if the Rebels can keep the running game going and keep Hillsboros offense off the field and don't give up the big play, the Rebels could win this game. Although Hillsboro has a lot of talent, they lost most of their starters from last season and early in the year would be a good time to play them. I wouldn't be shocked if Franklin Co won and I hope they do. This game certainly should tell if the Rebels are real good or fairly good.