Lawrence County at Loretto

critterdoc

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what about lawrence county's defense.... after Eli's 31 yard scamper he was held to 49 yards on 18 carries....just a little over 2 yds a carry.... ...... i think thats the best Defense yall have seen all year dont you think. Lawrence county's defense needs its most work on their defensive backs their all young back there considering all the starters from last year graduated. Yeah you might be right about the records Hawse 40 but yeah that would make since cuz you have to beat hmmmm..... Richland....and.... a very down lewis county team......should i go on..... try winning a region that puts out state championship contenders EVERY year who always have great athletes on their team Example:(Hillsboro,Hillwood,Overton,Columbia) Hillsboro has played in the last 4 championship games if im right and of course won last year. This game could have been worse for loretto... law. co's #2 had a one handed catch on a slant pattern but he fumbled just before crossing the goaline in which would have put the game away at 28-7. Lawrence co. showed loretto what the difference in 2a and 4a was in the 1st half but they werent running on all cylinders in the second half. This game is over VJ Cup stays in Lburg..... next up Spring Hill.

CBarkley,

LC fans are fully aware of what our region record is. We play in a large and very tough region and we are one of the smaller schools in our region. But I don't believe you understand the importance of this LC-Loretto series (not a rivalry, Loretto has to win some games to be considered a rival). Going to the playoffs is a goal of LC, as is beating Giles County in the cowbell game every year, but speaking for myself, no game is as important as beating Loretto every year. Go back and re-read the posts they made leading up to the game. That would be nothing compared to what they would have posted if they had pulled the upset. And don't let them fool you, beating us would have been alot more important to them than making the playoffs. I know they are going to come on here and say that making the playoffs is more important but I know better. Good luck to you and your Harpeth team the rest of the year.

:D

In reality Reset, LCHS should kill Loretto every year. Ya'll have tons more students and tallent. Loretto has a much smaller student body and the Coaching staff does more with less. The fact that Loretto has ever beat LCHS tells you how bad the LCHS program is. It should never be a game. And it says alot about your fans that ya'll get up for two games a year. How do you expect your team to win region games and get in the playoffs if the fans only care about games with smaller schools? The focus is all wrong. Your goal should be to win every game and back your team no matter who you play. Until LCHS fans do that, don't ecspect you team to get going in the right direction!!!!!

In reality Reset, LCHS should kill Loretto every year. Ya'll have tons more students and tallent. Loretto has a much smaller student body and the Coaching staff does more with less. The fact that Loretto has ever beat LCHS tells you how bad the LCHS program is. It should never be a game. And it says alot about your fans that ya'll get up for two games a year. How do you expect your team to win region games and get in the playoffs if the fans only care about games with smaller schools? The focus is all wrong. Your goal should be to win every game and back your team no matter who you play. Until LCHS fans do that, don't ecspect you team to get going in the right direction!!!!!

825340931[/snapback]

Re-read my post. I said "speaking for myself" before I said Loretto is the most important game of the year. :) I have to work with alot of Loretto folks. :)

It don't matter anyway which games fans get up for as long as you have a good coach like David Marston who will have his team peaking at the right time. Fans are allowed to look past certain games and things like that. :)

Edited by reset

I believe that this day and time the number of students does not have near as much to do with it as it once may have at one time. Alot of schools are beggin for participation.

As far as the Loretto game, to me, the most important factor was the QB that hadnt played a down all year come in with what appeared to be unshaken maturity to guide the team. I don't know what's going on in practice, but he should be given some time now with what he showed.

825340931[/snapback]

Hey Footballman, if you think we only get up for two games a year, you haven't been to too many footabll games at LCHS! We support our team the same, doesn't matter which game it is, also, I love the Mustangs, and am very proud of them. There were many more LCHS fans at Loretto Fri. night than LHS fans. Maybe if they would come out and support their teams, it would make a big difference. I went to LHS, and my brother played football there. It was the same way then. GO WILDCATS! GO MUSTANGS!