2005 Region 7AAA

mg

things are beginning to take shape for the new 2005 region 7AAA...

as it stands this morning, these are definitely all 3A teams and my insider information tells me that the new region will more than likely consist of the following teams:dyersburg, haywoord, covington, crockett county, dyer county, obion county, ripley.....

you have both dyersburg and haywood that for the last several years consistently ranked among the top 15 4A programs and you have covington, ripley, obion county and crockett that ranked among the top 15 3A programs......

add a definite up and coming dyer cnty program....

well, IMO that spells the TOUGHEST FOOTBALL REGION IN TENNESSEE regardless of class....

that will be six region games that will be nothing but smash mouth.......

note: crockett county may very well be allowed to remain in their current region 6, along with chester, mcnairy, liberty, jax ss, lexington and bolivar...

region 8: frayser, mitchell, sheffield, fayette ware, hillcrest, trezevant

Edited by mg

• 1 year later...

as it stands this morning, these are definitely all 3A teams and my insider information tells me that the new region will more than likely consist of the following teams:dyersburg, haywoord, covington, crockett county, dyer county, obion county, ripley.....

you have both dyersburg and haywood that for the last several years consistently ranked among the top 15 4A programs and you have covington, ripley, obion county and crockett that ranked among the top 15 3A programs......

well, IMO that spells the TOUGHEST FOOTBALL REGION IN TENNESSEE regardless of class....

note: crockett county may very well be allowed to remain in their current region 6, along with chester, mcnairy, liberty, jax ss, lexington and bolivar...

:thumb: your right on the money pal. look at the records of the teams knox catholic play. who have they beat with a winning record? B)

*cough cough* Obion Co. *cough*

Region 2-3A has had someone in the State Championship the last 4 years. They have also won in 3 of the last 4 years. With the addition of Knoxville Catholic, Livingston Academy, it is the best 3A region in TN. By far the best league in TN is still region 3-4A. This region has had at team in the state championship 13 of the last 15 years.

Edited by LEONARDSLOSERS

Region 2 is tops...they add Knox Catholic to A-E, Fulton and Anderson Co...no contest who's better in 3A...

They also added Livingston Academy, another perennial play-off team, to the region. Also three out of the last four 3A Champions have come from this region (A-E - 2001, Fulton - 2003 & 2004. In 2003 Fulton was runner-up (They should have won that year too but, they beat themselves in the championship game.).

I will agree that Region 7 has gotten a LOT stronger this year but, so did Region 2. I believe the championship game will probably be a team from Region 2 vs. Region 7. The Championship game should decide which region truly is stronger. :D

They also added Livingston Academy, another perennial play-off team, to the region. Also three out of the last four 3A Champions have come from this region (A-E - 2001, Fulton - 2003 & 2004. In 2003 Fulton was runner-up (They should have won that year too but, they beat themselves in the championship game.).

I will agree that Region 7 has gotten a LOT stronger this year but, so did Region 2. I believe the championship game will probably be a team from Region 2 vs. Region 7. The Championship game should decide which region truly is stronger. :blink:

we both have become stronger n naturally we think our region is tougher, however we must not hatch our eggs to quick..seems regions 4aaa n 5aaa are stronger too especially with pearl cohn,creekwood,and up n coming cheatham county team ,altho these regions appear not to have near as many teams that could go head to head with our regions ! but it takes only one good team from their regions to play their way deep into the playoffs.. my thoughts lead to pearl cohn..they also dropped from div 4 to div 3 ! and they are deadly..hopefully we both have a team to play for the Gold ball!! GO DHS TROJANS! :blink: