Bucs @ Whitwell

footballrox

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Whitwell wins. footballrox if Boyd is so great why are they still playing 1-A ball, afraid to move up and have to really compete against teams of equal strength.

And you can try to attack me if you want I don't care if you think a team that should be at least 2 or 3 divisions up beating a team in the division they belong in is an accomplishment then you have no sense of fair play.

I think Whitwell wins. footballrox if Boyd is so great why are they still playing 1-A ball, afraid to move up and have to really compete against teams of equal strength. 

And you can try to attack me if you want I don't care if you think a team that should be at least 2 or 3 divisions up beating a team in the division they belong in is an accomplishment then you have no sense of fair play.

825340387[/snapback]

Under which rock have you been living? Boyd will be moving up next season, and without being afraid to do so. Boyd has proven that they are not afraid of playing teams in the higher classifications. In fact, they've been beating teams like Rhea Co. (4A); East Ridge (4A); Lipscomb (The year they were 2A Champs); Oliver Springs (2A); Walker Valley (3A); Howard (3A), and others. They've gone toe to toe with some good teams like Baylor (DII), Goodpasture (2A), and others. Win or lose, not being afraid to play these teams has put Boyd-Buchanan at the top of 1A with teams like DCA and CPA.

This year, CPA gave Riverdale (5A) a great game. Boyd is playing one of, if not the the toughest non-region schedules for a 1A team in the state. This earns class 1A some respect. Boyd and these teams have raised the standard of performance in 1A. To say that Boyd dominating other 1A teams is not "fair play" is to say that all 1A teams should just be mediocre. I guess that's what 1A will get next year when these teams are gone: mediocrity. They certainly won't have to worry about Boyd kicking them around anymore.

Rain or not, Boyd makes and example of Whitwell this week.

I'm undefeated in my picks of the Bucs so far this year, so here goes. I think the Tigers will surprise some Buc fans (not the BBS coaches). Tiger34 pointed out that this smells a lot like 2001. He is correct. I believe this BBS team is better than 2001, with more veterans on both sides of the ball. They will not overlook Whitwell (at least they shouldn't). The wet field and ball will be a great equalizer, but talent and teamwork will win out in the end.

My prediction? BBS 33, Whitwell 6

Edited by supersteve17

I'm undefeated in my picks of the Bucs so far this year, so here goes.  I think the Tigers will surprise some Buc fans (not the BBS coaches).  Tiger34 pointed out that this smells a lot like 2001.  He is correct.  I believe this BBS team is better than 2001, with more veterans on both sides of the ball.  They will not overlook Whitwell (at least they shouldn't).  The wet field and ball will be a great equalizer, but talent and teamwork will win out in the end.

My prediction?  BBS 33, Whitwell 6

825340517[/snapback]

The wet field will not equalize anything, the bucs like playing on wet, sloppy, muddy fields. It will be a ground attack similar to the one they showed CAK in the playoffs last year. Anyway rain or shine Boyd by 45+.

The wet field will not equalize anything, the bucs like playing on wet, sloppy, muddy fields. It will be a ground attack similar to the one they showed CAK in the playoffs last year. Anyway rain or shine Boyd by 45+.

825340712[/snapback]

That's right Boyd is ready!!

and tribe what are you talking about?! Boyd can't just move up! Besides they will be in 2a next year. Their whole schedule is like 2a,3a,4a,DII. So i dont know what you're talking about.

Edited by footballrox

I do not think this team is as good as the team in 2001. You can't tell me that Akins is better than Will Healy was or Atchley and Wingo are better than Matt Hale.

The running attack is better than 2001.

825340727[/snapback]

Saying a team is better one year than another year beacuse of a few skill players is not the best measure. For example, most people will say that Peyton Manning was a better QB than Tee Martin. However, Martin was QB on the Nat'l Championship team. Which team would most say was better? The kids on the team now deserve a lot of respect. This year's Boyd-Buchanan team is basically last year's State Champion team, only one year more experienced. Likewise, I'm sure that Whitwell's players are better than last year, because of another year of experience. Which Whitwell team is better?

It really doesn't matter because, EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED FOR BOTH TEAMS SINCE 2001!!! This is not the 2001 game, revisited. Stop living in the past. Since that game, no region team has come close to beating Boyd (with the exception of one or maybe two well-contested games with South Pittsburg). Whitwell can't count on "well, we beat 'em in 2001" to get them close in this one. Boyd is on a completely different level of playing this year than Whitwell is. As a credit to their players, Whitwell will probably have a pretty good year...just not this game.

Under which rock have you been living? Boyd will be moving up next season, and without being afraid to do so. Boyd has proven that they are not afraid of playing teams in the higher classifications. In fact, they've been beating teams like Rhea Co. (4A); East Ridge (4A); Lipscomb (The year they were 2A Champs); Oliver Springs (2A); Walker Valley (3A); Howard (3A), and others. They've gone toe to toe with some good teams like Baylor (DII), Goodpasture (2A), and others. Win or lose, not being afraid to play these teams has put Boyd-Buchanan at the top of 1A with teams like DCA and CPA.

This year, CPA gave Riverdale (5A) a great game. Boyd is playing one of, if not the the toughest non-region schedules for a 1A team in the state. This earns class 1A some respect. Boyd and these teams have raised the standard of performance in 1A. To say that Boyd dominating other 1A teams is not "fair play" is to say that all 1A teams should just be mediocre. I guess that's what 1A will get next year when these teams are gone: mediocrity. They certainly won't have to worry about Boyd kicking them around anymore.

Rain or not, Boyd makes and example of Whitwell this week.

825340441[/snapback]

What rock are you living under? How long has Boyd hid from real competition by playing in 1-A? I’m supposed to applaud them for finally moving to a division that that will provide them with real competition. Sense they are as good as you have pointed out why would some brag about “running the ball down the throat” of a team playing in a division they belong in and are trying to compete against teams of equal quality. If you want to believe Boyd is playing up to their potential by beating up teams who struggle to field a good team… then have at it. It’s kind of like the big kid bragging about beating up the little kids at the play ground. All that you can come back with will be rationalizations for being where they are.

BTW Boyd didn't raise the standard of 1-A it made people question the valididty of the TSSAA division system.

And if you want to make an example out of someone try it out on MBA and lets see how the little guy fairs in that one!

Edited by SCHSTribe