Wayne County should be glad they dont play PC!

PCGod

I think this is an argument between 2 schools that both believe they are alot better than they really are. Perry County traditionally spouts off about how good they are throughout the entire season and don't stop until its over and they have finished 3-7 or 4-6 on a good year. Then they start back the next season again. Therefore, I would be inclined to take Wayne County's side in this argument but someone said that USJ is the only team in Region 7 that could play in Region 6. First of all, if USJ was in Region 6 they would win it every single year except last year. However, Wayne Co. would have finished 3rd or 4th(depending on if they faced USJ early in the year or late in the year) in Region 7 last year. Fayette Academy and JCS both fielded better teams than Wayne Co. JCS only lost 3 games all season in 2003 and two were to the 3rd best IA team in the state(Fayette Academy) and one was to the 2nd best IA team in the state (DCA). Fayette Academy lost 4: Two early losses to IAA and IAAA schools, USJ before they had the injuries and DCA in the state semifinals(a place that no team from Region 6 has been in the last 5 years, maybe longer) in a game that many still believe involved some home-cooking by the refs on DCA's game-winning drive. So to say that no team from Region 7 belongs in Region 6 except USJ is a little far-fetched don't you think. But in my opinion, Wayne Co. is 2 or 3 touchdowns better than Perry Co. right now.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soph. Corner/Punt Returner/Running back Brett Hoffman is 'Jackrabbit'. Has returned punts for TD's in four of our six games so far this season.

825360246[/snapback]

oooooh... dang sounds good.. i was just wondering if jack rabbit was a name or nickname , or just another mispelled word :angry: . i guess hes real and thats his nickname. he sounds pretty good.

still think wayne co would beat them.

I think this is an argument between 2 schools that both believe they are alot better than they really are.  Perry County traditionally spouts off about how good they are throughout the entire season and don't stop until its over and they have finished 3-7 or 4-6 on a good year.  Then they start back the next season again.  Therefore, I would be inclined to take Wayne County's side in this argument but someone said that USJ is the only team in Region 7 that could play in Region 6.  First of all, if USJ was in Region 6 they would win it every single year except last year.  However, Wayne Co. would have finished 3rd or 4th(depending on if they faced USJ early in the year or late in the year) in Region 7 last year.  Fayette Academy and JCS both fielded better teams than Wayne Co.  JCS only lost 3 games all season in 2003 and two were to the 3rd best IA team in the state(Fayette Academy) and one was to the 2nd best IA team in the state (DCA).  Fayette Academy lost 4:  Two early losses to  IAA and IAAA schools, USJ before they had the injuries and DCA in the state semifinals(a place that no team from Region 6 has been in the last 5 years, maybe longer) in a game that many still believe involved some home-cooking by the refs on DCA's game-winning drive.  So to say that no team from Region 7 belongs in Region 6 except USJ is a little far-fetched don't you think.  But in my opinion, Wayne Co. is 2 or 3 touchdowns better than Perry Co. right now.

825360976[/snapback]

it is really hard to rate teams against each other that don't play each other or the same competition but i highly doubt that fayette aca. was the fourth best team in the state. i know that's what they finished but i don't think they were as good as cpa, ezell, or wayne co last year.

how can you say that wc would finish 3rd or 4th in that weak region 7? the only games that wc lost last year were to a 2a powerhouse in lewis co, who we could have and should have beaten and ezell harding who we jumped out on 21-0 and blew up in the middle of the game only to come back at the end and come up just a little short. to me that don't add up to a 4th place finish in a weaker region that the one we play in.

it is really hard to rate teams against each other that don't play each other or the same competition but i highly doubt that fayette aca. was the fourth best team in the state.  i know that's what they finished but i don't think they were as good as cpa, ezell, or wayne co last year. 

how can you say that wc would finish 3rd or 4th in that weak region 7?  the only games that wc lost last year were to a 2a powerhouse in lewis co, who we could have and should have beaten and ezell harding who we jumped out on 21-0 and blew up in the middle of the game only to come back at the end and come up just a little short.  to me that don't add up to a 4th place finish in a weaker region that the one we play in.

825362771[/snapback]

first. lewis co is not a powerhouse this year.

how can you say that region 7 is weak. that is just ignorant.

i know region 6 has powerhouse teams like cascade, c a , cornersville, eagleville, and chapel hill but is no way stronger than region 7.

pc has beat 1 of those teams in regular season. cornersville.

beat two in scrimmages, huntland and cascade.

and only was beaten by mp by 2 touchdowns( scrimmage). which is the most competitive game they have played so far.

the closest we will come to a pc , wc game is monday night in a jv game.

untill next year when the region will be reassigned.

jv game prediction pc over wc by 2 touchdowns.

it is really hard to rate teams against each other that don't play each other or the same competition but i highly doubt that fayette aca. was the fourth best team in the state.  i know that's what they finished but i don't think they were as good as cpa, ezell, or wayne co last year. 

how can you say that wc would finish 3rd or 4th in that weak region 7?  the only games that wc lost last year were to a 2a powerhouse in lewis co, who we could have and should have beaten and ezell harding who we jumped out on 21-0 and blew up in the middle of the game only to come back at the end and come up just a little short.  to me that don't add up to a 4th place finish in a weaker region that the one we play in.

825362771[/snapback]

First of all, I didn't say that Fayette Academy was the 4th best team in the state last year. I said they were the 3rd. Ask DCA if they felt like Fayette Academy deserved to be called the 3rd best team in the state last year. They will tell you that they felt very fortunate to come out of that one with a win. It was a great game between two great teams and the team that had the ball last won. Nobody is gonna win this argument because FA nor JCS played a team from region 6 nor really had any common opponents. So the only way to compare is to say that FA lost to DCA by 3, Ezell lost to DCA by 7 and Wayne Co. lost to Ezell by 6. That makes a 10 point difference between FA and WC. I know that is really farfetched to bring that out, but if you are gonna continue to make ludicrous statements with no proof then I have no choice. Oh, and one more piece of proof. How many playoff games did Region 6 win in total last year.................Give up? I will help you out, the answer is 1. Yes thats right, O-N-E. That was Wayne Co. over Davidson (the 4th best team in Region 5). Now how many games did Region 7 win in the playoffs last year. Hold on let me count... this could take awhile. Lets see one, two, three, four...and that was just in the first round. Second round brought in wins five and six, both over teams from their own region. In the state quarterfinals they got win number seven when Fayette beat Trinity, a team from their own region. Seven, thats my final answer. And guess what... I am correct!!! Now don't get me wrong, I am not tryin to say that Trinity would have beaten Wayne Co. last year. I am not tryin to say that Perry Co. would beat Wayne Co. last year, or any year. I am just trying to get the point across that to say Region 6 is stronger than Region 7 is completely ridiculous and there is absolutely no proof to back that up. Next question please.

I can't sit back and watch this anymore. If i'm not mistaken, jackrabbits are big, right? 130lbs isn't big. 190lbs on bench is weak. 295lbs on squat is pathetic. And 185lbs on power clean is worthless. We have kids in region 6A doing that straight out of middle school. Ya'll can't compete, AT ALL. And MP scrimmaged PC. MP played like crap and still put the hurt on ole "Jack Bunny". If i'm not mistaken, he was hurt (or SCARED)<-- (MY OPINION) on like the third play. Wayne Co. is as big and as physical as MP. So is Huntland. The other schools in this region may not be as physical, but they are pretty close. What makes you think you can compete against Wayne Co. They would slaughter PC. Give me and the rest of region 6A a break. And their are at least 5 people on every 6a team that run like a deer. Now go ahead and start a post arguing that rabbits are faster than deer. You'll get proved wrong their too. Region 6A also hunts.

I can't sit back and watch this anymore. If i'm not mistaken, jackrabbits are big, right? 130lbs isn't big. 190lbs on bench is weak. 295lbs on squat is pathetic. And 185lbs on power clean is worthless. We have kids in region 6A doing that straight out of middle school. Ya'll can't compete, AT ALL. And MP scrimmaged PC. MP played like crap and still put the hurt on ole "Jack Bunny". If i'm not mistaken, he was hurt (or SCARED)<-- (MY OPINION) on like the third play. Wayne Co. is as big and as physical as MP. So is Huntland. The other schools in this region may not be as physical, but they are pretty close. What makes you think you can compete against Wayne Co. They would slaughter PC. Give me and the rest of region 6A a break. And their are at least 5 people on every 6a team that run like a deer. Now go ahead and start a post arguing that rabbits are faster than deer. You'll get proved wrong their too. Region 6A also hunts.

825366284[/snapback]

:lol: , lol, come on man, u know that anybody with the name of "jack rabbit" has to be a baller!! :huh:

Only in that weak Region. In Region 6 all you have to do is say somebody's last name and people throughout the state know who you're talking about. 130lbs...That's funny. And he's not a baller. He get's scared in games he gets hit in. I've witnessed it. Sounds like more of a Scwaller to me. Get real Perryville.

There you go, calling it a weak region again. Do me a favor please. Get a team out of the second round before you talk crap again. You can talk about Perry County, I don't care. However, they are the 4th best team in Region 7 and Wayne Co. is the best team in Region 6. So how does beating them prove you to be better than the whole region. I think there is something in the water over there because neither of these teams can listen to reason. I thought Perry Co. was in the wrong here for talkin smack to Wayne Co. but then WC started talkin bad about teams (USJ, FA) that have been places they haven't (Final 4 in the state). In fact, when was the last time that Wayne Co. got out of the Second Round.

buschman, in case you don't already know this, region five is the best region in the state. that's who we have to play in the playoffs. region 7 played one game against them and guess what happened? they got beat. hummm. i bet cpa and ezell also could have beat anyone yall had. last year cpa's coach thaught that them and us would meet in the 3rd round. instead it was ezell and dca. that's how close the competition was in the playoffs. cpa won agaisnt dca in the regular season. they also killed ezell. but when it came playoff time, things changed a little. ezell was the hottest team in 1a. they played great against us and alomost beat dca. so i truly believe that cpa, dca, ezell, and wayne co were all better that fayette.

vikingpride, what does lewis co not being as good this year have to do with them beating us last year? i can't seem to understand the connection. also, please don't even start to think that a jv game has anything to do with who is the better team. no one even takes the games serious.

Answer me this buschman. What is USJ and Fayette Academy? PRIVATE!!! Like people have been saying all along, private schools recruit. Sure, public schools can recruit. But not legally. Private schools always bring that up when us publics say that. Privates don't have to worry about getting caught. That's not what this post is all about though. Face it. Your region is WEAK. Region 6 is the toughest because they are hardnosed, gridiron, phyisical boys and Region 5 is the most talented due to recruiting. Wayne Co. had Ezell beat last year. I don't know what happened but somehow they lost. I don't even think USJ or Fayette can compete in Region 6 just cause they're used to ya'll. Yeah Perryville is better this year than last year. A great turn around. But talk about competing in another Region besides Region 6, because you just can't do it.