Monday's incident in Oakland

I don't condone Francisco's throwing the chair into the stands. That was wrong and he will be fined and suspensed for that.

However, there is nothing I hate worse than going to a game whether it be high school, college or pro and having to listen to someone heckle, berate, badger, cuss, whatever you want to call it, the players, officials and/or other fans.

The woman who got her nose broken said her husband "bantered with the Rangers". She is quoted as saying "it's part of going to a game. I don't think he did anything wrong". He was "bantering". That's why half the Ranger team was ready to come into the stands after him.

I don't think any fan ever has a "right" to act this way. At any level, this kind of behavior is wrong.

That's my opinion and I am stickin' to it. ;)

Edited by Bighurt

I don't condone Francisco's throwing the chair into the stands.  That was wrong and he will be fined and suspensed for that.

However, there is nothing I hate worse than going to a game whether it be high school, college or pro and having to listen to someone heckle, berate, badger, cuss, whatever you want to call it, the players, officials and/or other fans. 

The woman who got her nose broken said her husband "bantered with the Rangers".  She is quoted as saying "it's part of going to a game.  I don't think he did anything wrong".  He was "bantering".  That's why half the Ranger team was ready to come into the stands after him.

I don't think any fan ever has a "right" to act this way.  At any level, this kind of behavior is wrong.

That's my opinion and I am stickin' to it.   ;)

825343807[/snapback]

Exactly. Everybody was in the wrong here. Rodriguez, the fans, Oakland for not having more security in the neighborhood, etc.