Top Midfielders

jlefan10

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holly Hullender of the Ooltewah Owls. She is a natural forward, and can score goals, but has excellent skills, is hard in the tackle, and posseses excellent passing ability. Her strength on the ball is the main reason she is in midfield for the Owls. She has played, and started, at just about every position on the pitch for the Owls in her 4 year career. She definitely deserves to be mentioned as one of the top players in the state.

Holly Hullender of the Ooltewah Owls. She is a natural forward, and can score goals, but has excellent skills, is hard in the tackle, and posseses excellent passing ability. Her strength on the ball is the main reason she is in midfield for the Owls. She has played, and started, at just about every position on the pitch for the Owls in her 4 year career. She definitely deserves to be mentioned as one of the top players in the state.

825347507[/snapback]

I disagree. Although holly is a good player, she should not be mentioned as one the best in the state. She is strong, but doesn't have good enough foot skills. One of the best mid-feilders in my opinion is Paige Lanter. She has excellent foot skills, is very fast, and can shoot long range shots.

See, Paige is good but I just dont see how you disagree with Holly being one of the best. Especially based on foot skills. She has excellent footskills, and one heck of a shot. To be honest the only part of the game where she might be found lacking is pace. And she has enough of that to get by. Her skills do wane in some matches, but that happens to any player, when they get tired from never getting time off the pitch all season...

See, Paige is good but I just dont see how you disagree with Holly being one of the best. Especially based on foot skills. She has excellent footskills, and one heck of a shot. To be honest the only part of the game where she might be found lacking is pace. And she has enough of that to get by. Her skills do wane in some matches, but that happens to any player, when they get tired from never getting time off the pitch all season...

825347565[/snapback]

Paige's skill's never "wane", plus she plays all game. Plus, Baylor also has a preseason where paige never stops working. I'm not saying Holly is bad, im just saying Paige is better. I've played with Holly and paige. i definetly know paige is better

825347565[/snapback]

I'd have to agree with Kickgrass on this one. You say that Holly gets tired occationally, and from what I've seen at the Baylor games, Lanter doesn't tire. Her level of fitness is amazing. She works really hard and is able to perform for 90 minutes. Even when the team is playing badly, she finds ways to get the ball in the back of the net. Lanter beats Holly on this one, and though Baylor is a great team, not having her would be a big loss.

How did ya'll turn this into a debate on who is better between Paige and Holly? The 2 players dont even play the same position. Last I saw, Paige was playing on the Wing and Holly has been either a CENTRAL midfielder, CENTRAL defender, or more or less a Center Forward. I havent played with the 2 girls(Im a guy), but from watching Baylor and Ooltewah play over the years its actually impossible for me to compare the 2. They play contrasting styles, and positions which arent really similar. Paige is more of a slashing player getting forward by using her great pace, and going around defenders. While Holly being in the Center of the pitch has had to pass around players, dribble through more players, and be more physical to get her shots. In my experience comparing "Wing" players, and "Central" players is night and day. Yall may have played with both and therefore seen them play the same position, therein giving you the ability to comment as to whether or not they match up. Also from what Ive seen, I wouldnt be able to compare the 2 since Ive only seen them with their High School sides(and I think we can all agree that Paige has had more talented players surrounding her). I do feel yall didnt quite understand what I meant when I said "wane" Holly is a Hot and Cold player. When shes Hot, she can score from anywhere, take on anyone. When shes not she sometimes reverts to simply getting physical. They are both 2 of the top players, its just Ive seen Holly more since she goes to my alma matre, and only seen Paige when the 2 teams face off.