best coaching staff in east tennesse

Highlander12

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hargrave is a great place for a young man to start. I think you're right on him going there.

One of our featured backs is from Marietta. Corey Larkins, I believe. Of course, we have J-train too, but he hasn't turned out to be what everyone thought he would. His vision is limited, but man I do like to see him run over folks.

he is right... as much as I hate UGAG, I have to admit Richt has the best Georgia players playing for the red and black. My family is Georgia Tech through and through (which is tough lately). Some of them end up at UTK but for some reason they just do not produce very well for ya'll. I personally think the Yellowjackets could take their time and check north to Tennessee for some quality players that are slipping through the cracks. The state of Tennessee is not exactly hotly recruited, so it stands to reason there might be some players who are really just not getting noticed.

Ehh, really it's that we do not have as many blue chippers as Georgia, Alabama or Flrida in state. There's enough talent in those three states to field a starting and second team unit for each of us, no problem.

Heck, florida almost has enough talent for us all. One of our young QB's comes fom Deerfield Beach. I'm sure Georgis has some FLA kids starting too.

NO DOUBT  ON THIS ONE {1} Knox Catholic hands down this group has done a HECK of a JOB making this school a power to reckon with with less talent base from a community such as Maryville/ DB/ Alcoa.

825353449[/snapback]

What? Actually just the opposite is true. Catholic being a private school can draw from anywhere it wants. Public school are limited by an area, Catholic can have students from anywhere, not limited by city limits.

Who are you Talon? And yes I finished soccer. Basketball and Football just weren't for me. I hated the coaches in both. And knew I didnt have a future after high school in either so why put up with people you don't like? Soccer I had no future in either but I loved my teammates, and my coach(until senior year but I still played). And what I know about Parkview is that my best-friend from when I lived in Atlanta(and my father still lived down the street from him), played ball for them and was offered a football scholarship at Clemson, before choosing to play baseball when he was drafted by the Atlanta Braves. And my older sister(who lived with my dad, went to school there. My entire family who live in the area have attended Parkview through the years, and have been involved with the school (and more to the point their athletic programs), since the 70's. We know many of the players, and coaches personally, and talk sports at barbeques, and what not.

I guess that is about it. hopefully that will quench your thirst for knowledge.

Well, Hamrick was an easy one to hate, if you knew much around the school/community, or met the guy at all(much less played ball for him) you could easily dislike/hate the guy(there is a reason only one senior played basketball in 2002/2003). Sumrell was great but not the head coach.

Gatewood was different. He was a good enough coach. Good to his players, maybe it was just a personality clash. He likes control, I don't dig being a subordinate. Didn't really have a problem with him until he told me to quit bothering with that girls game(soccer) and come play spring football. Complete disrespect for the game i grew up playing, watching and basically living, was not about to win me over. Especially when I was 15, brash, and more to the point an @$$.... later I decided I didn't respect his coaching because like every Ooltewah fan I wondered how the same kids that were winning EVERY middle school championship were losing in High School. Also a play called 12 blast didn't help matters(Owl fans should get the joke). There is more but I've already rambled on long enough.

I wish the Owls the best, and if they ever need an offensive coodinator with some creativity they know where to reach me. Its only joke :P