Rutherford County Football Thread

Guest region4fan

softball: a ungodly amount of consecutive district championships, somethin like 11 or 12 straight that was ended last year

ended to Riverdale thumb

and all those are of the past Riverdale has been by far and away the most dominant since the turn of the century.

825358017[/snapback]

i have no problem with riverdale ending oakland's streak, i was just building on what region said so people could understand the dominance they ONCE had. i dont understand your reasoning of riverdale being the most dominant sports program in the county, since 2000 its been pretty even bewteen oakland,blackman,riverdale and now siegel

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this dominance would hold true if you still had all the students to continue the dominance...but you dont cuz they are all at siegel and we took most of your feeder schools...stinks doesnt it?  scratch out is and put WAS  :P

825358018[/snapback]

nolan screwed oakland out of a lot of that talent. great players are the 1st step towards dominance, but you have to great coaching as well, which oakland has in all the big sports that everybody at least cares about

Edited by oakland2001

Guest region4fan

What other state championship has Rdale won besides football. Sounds a little lop-sided to me. I don't want to hear about region or district championships......just trips to the big dance.

I think Lavergne is the only other RC school with a recent state trophy...baseball.

Whoops, forgot that Smyrna won the state in Girls Bball in 61 and in 82. Rdale's girls bball got the runner-up in 79.

Blackman volleyball got the runner up itwice in the 2000's.

So in the HISTORY of the RC schools......Oakland is by far the most dominant in overall sports.

Edited by region4fan

HEY evrybody!! I ain't been on in a long time. I guess I am gonna give up on the region 4 pickem... cuz i missed last week so there is no coming back. and i was in 4th till i missed last week now i'm in 12th. i guess i will just try for last place .... naw i just playing. but oh well... it was good to finally be on here again. OH YEA RIVERDALE IS UNDEFEATED. now what yall think about that??

GO RIVERDALE

Riverdale is the new school suprimacy in high school sports in RC. Oakland is old school. Riverdale just won the district golf tourny on monday. The volleyball team just won the regular season district ship last night. The football team will win state. Boys hoops are gonna be unreal............................and so on and so on

825361093[/snapback]

funny how riverdale is finally able to win in golf when oakland graduates their whole team, nobody cares about volleyball. and now we come to basketball, it will be the same ole same ole with riverdale, great talent and good team but burks chokes it away