Jefferson Co crushes Cocke Co

JC4life

Jefferson Co played another great game beating Cocke Co 42-0. Chris Shiverdecker had another career night, going for 285yds with 5 TD's. Chris scored on runs of 8,19,55,44, and 22yds, there are quite a few Cocke defenders with broken ankles after tonite. Jefferson Co scored on its first 4 drives of the game and lead 28-0 at the end of the 1st quarter. There was little to no passing because we did such a great job of running the ball (322yds rushing). Ben Pewitt did throw a great ball on a 41 yd TD pass to Dallas Crouch for Jeff Co's 2nd TD of the game. The defense, like it has all season played a great game, holding Cocke Co to 136yds of total offense, pitched another shutout, and didn`t give up a 1st down in the first half. Every unit for the Patriots played well, from the offense to the special teams (Mike Cox did another great job punting the ball) The Patriots can`t afford to overlook any teams, because the rest of the games are region games.

BTW did anyone else spot the college scouts and coaches at the game? I saw several from Carson Newman including Ken Sparks, and some from Tusculum.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Shivvy is a special back. I knew he would be and he is finally turning some heads. 285, that is impressive! :blink: Just curious, where do you find your stats JC4life? I always try to find them after the game, but never have any luck.

To me, it looks like if Shiv can stay healthy, then there is no stopping this team till playoffs. The O-line is starting to come together nicely , and the D is always dominant. I love how every player ball-hawks and goes to the ball carrier. Pewitt is learning the ropes of the pass game, and hopefully he'll be much improved in it by playoffs. He's coming around though. And Cox, I hope everyone saw his punt tonight. That was one of the farthest punts I have seen in a high school game. All in all, a good win that was expected and needed going into the meat of the region schedule.

Keep it rollin Patriots!

Just curious, where do you find your stats JC4life? I always try to find them after the game, but never have any luck.

825354685[/snapback]

AM 1480, they always have the stats after the game, plus interviews. Most of the time I leave a little early (unless the game is tight) so I can catch the end of the broadcast and beat the traffic. When we play road games I listen to the end of the replay on Sat afternoon for the stats. I don`t go to alot of road games(thanks to college) so that doesn`t happen often, I usually listen to away games on the radio.

Congrats on the win, but its cocke county! Come on jc, half that team has fathers and sons playing side by side.

825354707[/snapback]

Cocke Co. or not, it's a W. Anyone who saw this game could tell these boys can do it against anyone. Great execution!

Oh, yeah. By the way, you're right on about the fathers and sons playing together. It's sad but there's a lot of that stuff going on up there. :lol:

I wish that we had worked on the passing game alot more. The game was over early to I know it would have looked bad to be throwing the ball, but thats the one area that the Patriots need to work on. We need to balance the offense out more, throwing the ball 4 times won`t get it done. I think Ben showed that he could make the deep throw on that pass to Dallas, so CERTAIN people need to get off his back. Still waiting on a 3 step drop with a slant or stop route :lol:

Everyone's grandmother on here could've scored at least 5 tds tonight.

The one passing score, the guy was open 30 yards maximum, and could've crawled into the endzone.

202 yards at the Half was Impressive however.

I would've thought CCHS was a lot lower than 156, their lines got whipped so badly it isn't even funny.

I wish that we had worked on the passing game alot more. The game was over early to I know it would have looked bad to be throwing the ball, but thats the one area that the Patriots need to work on. We need to balance the offense out more, throwing the ball 4 times won`t get it done. I think Ben showed that he could make the deep throw on that pass to Dallas, so CERTAIN people need to get off his back. Still waiting on a 3 step drop with a slant or stop route :lol:

825354775[/snapback]

Curiously, why would passing the ball look bad, when Shiverdecker was in until the 4th period?

Was a nice ball Pewitt threw for the 2nd scoring play, but that was the most wide open guy i've ever saw. Either a play action pass, or having all day to throw = automatic passing TD against Cocke County

Congrats to the Pats on a homecoming win...another one that I missed I might add...living out of state is bad for that. According to posts on here and everyone I have talked to personally, Shiverdecker is just getting better and still has tons of potential....he's gonna be really fun to watch the next couple of years. (sinard gonna have him starting at PG too?) lets hope he can stay healthy and we can ride him into the playoffs, because from what i've heard, the JC defense is going to be tough to beat. great win, lets celebrate tomorrow and then get in there on Sunday afternoon to watch the film (do they still do Sunday films?, just curious).

Everyone's grandmother on here could've scored at least 5 tds tonight.

The one passing score, the guy was open 30 yards maximum, and could've crawled into the endzone.

I would've thought CCHS was a lot lower than 156, their lines got whipped so badly it isn't even funny.

825354794[/snapback]

C'mon guys, let's give this team some credit. Regardless of how poor Cocke Co. is, Jeff. Co. did what they had to do and performed like expected. I wish people would have some decency and give some praise instead of being punks and trying to break spirits.

I wish that we had worked on the passing game alot more. The game was over early to I know it would have looked bad to be throwing the ball, but thats the one area that the Patriots need to work on. We need to balance the offense out more, throwing the ball 4 times won`t get it done. I think Ben showed that he could make the deep throw on that pass to Dallas, so CERTAIN people need to get off his back. Still waiting on a 3 step drop with a slant or stop route :P

825354775[/snapback]

I agree totally, instead of padding stats we should have worked on the passing game and GAINING EXPERIENCE for the second team. The 1st strings should not have even been dressed for the second half. This would have been a golden opportunity gain experience for the young guys as well as provide motivation. How can the guys on the bench get motivated to practice hard when they know they aren't going to get on the field. Why risk someone getting hurt! Does anyone remember what happen to Bo Massey his senior year. Holland put him in right field in a blow out and he got hurt. Shivy has enough ability to get his stats in the games that count. I have a hard time seeing that TEAM concept that Coach U is always talking about, unless TEAM means puffing his EGO!

I agree totally, instead of padding stats we should have worked on the passing game and GAINING EXPERIENCE for the second team. The 1st strings should not have even been dressed for the second half. This would have been a golden opportunity gain experience for the young guys as well as provide motivation. How can the guys on the bench get motivated to practice hard when they know they aren't going to get on the field. Why risk someone getting hurt! Does anyone remember what happen to Bo Massey his senior year. Holland put him in right field in a blow out and he got hurt. Shivy has enough ability to get his stats in the games that count. I have a hard time seeing that TEAM concept that Coach U is always talking about, unless TEAM means puffing his EGO!

825355326[/snapback]

Agreed, it would have been a perfect time to get some young kids some game speed experience, as well as some time for some of the older guys who put out everyday in practice but don't make it onto the field.

Who can forget Beau's season ending injury...another one of Holland's outstanding coaching moves. Probably cost Beau a shot in the 2000 draft.