Mckenzie vs. Trenton

htownfan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's face it, I went to the McKenzie-Trenton game and I'm a die hard Rebel fan and former player but, we stunk up the field tonight. No defense at all (we couldn't even run down Trenton's FB), Cody Cook not being use at RB but less than half the time, bad play selection and execution, Poor down line play on both sides of the ball-----you name it, we're not gettin' the job done.

The team's attitude doesn't even look good! This McKenzie team can be a decent team but, they are gonna have to step up and get serious--both coaches AND players, to make it happen! Otherwise, this season is gonna turn into a "butt whupper's delight" for our opponents.

It's obvious who is to blame for mckenzie's season so far, it is their defense. It is absolutely pathetic. If trenton peobody's running back can put that many yards on mckenzie's defense, id hate to see what guy from westview and weathers/donald from huntingdon will do to them. If the defense doesnt pick it up, it wont matter how good hayes and the offense is. Defense wins championships and mckenzie has no chance as of now.

Surely the Rebels aren't thinking about a state championship at this point. Just makin' it to the playoffs will be a big step from what I've seen so far.

We knew that we'd be down some this season but, there was no reason to think we would fall completely apart!!!!!

Can you spell APATHY? That's all I saw a lot of tonight!

Some of the best teams I've ever seen and played on were teams with athletes that were not as outstanding as other teams had but, had the heart and desire to "be all we could be---and then some"! That's what I saw in Camden when they played us and that's what I saw tonight from Trenton. McKenzie's Rebels better have a gut check this week or it's gonna get ugly the rest of the season!!!!

Don't mean to take anything away from the Golden Tide either. Ya'll played a heck of a game tonight and deserved the win! Well done!

Edited by duckman38201

I would have to agree with Duckman. There are many things that have led to Mckenzie's lack of performance this year. This team has plenty of talent to do good things. But you can't blame it all on the defense. Yes the defense is slacking this year, but this offense is very capable of hanging 50 or so points on teams, if the right personal is on the field. And Duckman, you are right. Cody Cook playing so little running back is hurting us. He is playing less than 50% of the time on offense. I'm tired of everyone in McKenzie, and the other teams we play that don't even know Cody, asking why he isn't playing much offense. And for those of you that heard Cody was hurt, just look at him play. He isn't hurt. You can tell he's not. He's beat up, but so is everyone. It is just that point in the season. I have never heard so many people complain about one guy not playing. And by the way, me and my family have been the last ones to say anything. But I am not saying he is the difference between us being 3-2 and 5-0. But I'll let ya'll in on a secret. The coaches say that we play better offensively with him on the field. There are still plenty of games left though. And with Huntingdon falling tonight and if our defense and offense steps up, who's knows what could happen. GO REBELS!!!!