Rockwood VS. Alcoa

cowboyboom

well hear it is. week 6. number 1 and number 2 in region 2. this should be game of the week. rockwood has to control the line of scrimmage this week and have an excellent week of practice. we shouldnt have any distractions this week. even though homecoming was fun. our minds have to stay on the tornadoes. our defense and secondary has to come to play this week. get on here and post your thoughts about the game. lets keep this thread about football. go tigers. and good luck to both teams friday.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

XtremeLoco, really hate you're missing this one, best of luck in Brazil.

Alcoa will be too much for Rockwood here's why...

Rockwood 24 Alcoa 44

Sweetwater 21, SWater 12, in a downpour

Rockwood may have very good players but they don't have the leading rusher, and arguablly best RB in East Tenn., one of the top 5 QB's, one of the top receivers, or receiving corp, and probably the best set of DE's around.

All these players mentioned... Dustin Lindsey, Joei Fiegler, Brandon Warren, and Rae Sykes are all being recruited by big time programs. Martin White, Logan Love, Colton Reid, Mark Avery, and Brian Sommer could alsoadd themselves to the list of recruits.

Not all Alcoa fans may not be excited, but I know the players are, Coach Reid demands that the players take it one game at a time, so I know they aren't going to be overlooking RW.

Wow, good research I must say. Rockwood can pull it off, they just have to have there heads in the right place.

Just because they have VERY skilled players on there team doesnt mean they cant be shut down. Rockwood has the skill, trust me. Whether or not they apply it to Friday nights game is diffrent. I am pulling Rockwood by a FG still.

We shall see when it comes down to it though.

Alcoa wins this one on paper. But, this game won't be played on paper. It will played Friday night at Goddard Field. Rockwood comes into this game with two things I think will make it alot closer than most of us think. One - momentum, RW is 5-0 and coming off a good victory last Friday. Two - motivation, There aren't many people giving them a chance of claiming a victory at Alcoa Friday. Don't get me wrong, I expect Alcoa to come out with a victory. In order to do so they must have a good week of practice, be mentally prepared at 7:30 pm Friday, and play each down as if it were there last. Alcoa City Schools are on break the next two weeks and I hope this doesn't upset the preparation for this very important region contest.

Good luck to Rockwood and I hope all of you travelling to Alcoa for the game have a safe trip both to and from the game. Be careful, a Tornado warning is expected! thumb

Havn't been good since 97?  What was so special about 97's team that it made all the recent Rockwood teams look so bad?  How bout we say Alcoa hasn't been good since 2000?  I think I remember Rockwood going into Alcoa and winning a couple years ago.  But must of been one of those bad teams that did that.

825355364[/snapback]

They may have beat Alcoa in 2002, but I will admit that was a down year. But I don't think Rockwood has ever been past the first few rounds. I mean how many gold balls are in Rockwood???..... Thank you!! They will lose this game by at least 21!! thumb