West Tennessee

matt912

The Houston Mustangs out of Germantown are a very good team. They have already played their stiffest competition (Bolton, and White Station) but they still have 5 crucial region games left. I think they will win out, and be the best team in 5A in West Tennessee.

But as to who will be left out of the playoffs from 8-5A? I think it will be Germantown, but your guess is as good as mine. WSHS beat Houston, Cville beat WSHS, Whitehaven beat Germantown, and Germantown plays Houston this friday. I think that the door is wide open for whoever wants it the most. I would also have to say that the biggest dissapointment is that 7-5A gets four teams into the playoffs, when they should only get 3 and 8-5A should get 5. The teams in 7-5A are Bolton, Millington, Bartlett, Overton, and Cordova. Houston has beaten all 5.(Millington in the Jamboree)

BOW DOWN PONIES!

Series to date (starting with the first junior class at Houston High School in 1991-1992):

YEAR WINNER

`91---------GERMANTOWN

`92--------GERMANTOWN

`93--------(W)HOSTON

`94---------GERMANTOWN

`95--------GERMANTOWN

`96---------GERMANTOWN

`97--------GERMANTOWN

`98---------GERMANTOWN (Regular season)

`98--------(W)HOSTON (PLAYOFFS 3RD ROUND)

`99---------GERMANTOWN

`00--------GERMANTOWN

`01---------(W)HOSTON (Regular season)

`01--------(W)HOSTON (PLAYOFFS 3RD ROUND)

`02---------GERMANTOWN

`03--------GERMANTOWN

To date the teams have played 15 times.

Germantown leads the "Battle of the Zip Codes" 11-4.

Come watch the Red Devils try to expand that overall lead this Friday night at HHS.