Elizabethton vs East

rvd

Elizabethton blew this game just like a Cyclone blows. The first just plain stupid call was at the end of the first half. East blocks a field goal but was offsides first down, throw an int on a stupid pass but roughing the passer first down. First and goal from the 1 no timeouts 8 seconds left what don't you do? Run the ball. Elizabethton does and instead of going up by 10,you get nothing. The end of the game you throw into double coverage into the end zone, when you need about 10 or 15 yards to be in real good field goal position. Coaching was Elizabethton's problem tonight bottom line. Dream and Glee there is no way you can doubt that and there is no way you can put a positive spin on this game. TN High will beat East by atleast 17.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VD, I agree with you. Need three going into the locker room at half time and the QB and OC made terrible decisions late in the fourth. Nuts! I still like what Pless is doing, but I think he needs to have more control of the O. They need to work #8 more at QB. One mistake and he's out, but he put together a descent drive resulting in a field goal. How many mistakes is #7 going to get before they give #8 a true chance. The season's winding down and we can't lose another game. That is where we have put ourselves. Good game to the D, we were too fast for East, especially the DEs'. Big game #44. I thought #12 had and interception only to see the East reciever keep concentration and go for a TD. Heartbreaker for the Cyclones and a gift to East. Good luck to East down the road, but TH will kill you.

Vd never try to put a positive spin on anything. We should have won this game. Coaching {lack of offensively} {to much of Defensively} was the problem tonite. East is a good team. All I said all along is despite Betsys record they are a pretty good team. As they have proved against South and East. This is now positive spin.

Our D last nite without Hyatt and Conner is ate alive. As I said on another tread these two youngmen played at a level last nite neither had played at before, they had an incredible game. Our skeem limited D-Nave he had a good game as he always will have, hes the best D player on the field for us. We made some plays had some guys who wanted to be heros instead of just making the play. Coaches played with way to much desperation. I would have thought East would have had some desperation, but they didnt. They had everything on the line, we were just trying to prove ourselves {had nothing to loose} my hats off to Easts coaching staff. They have only been in place a couple of years at this program and they have a 30 year looser looking like a team with history.

Again the O is the problem, we couldnt score 21 which I felt we had to have to win and the current set up couldnt get it done, but will anything change NO! Now our D is somewhat of a problem, will we coach it some more YOU BET!

Last nite the guys played hard and we are proud of you for that. It was a great High School Football game. If I didnt have any emotions involved what a game.

Vd I disagree with you bad T.H will not beat East by 17 closer to 30+.

Edited by Drem2Achev

Everything that is wrong with EHS athletics came to a head Friday night. To many coaches, making to many stupid mistakes in the game management. Playing players because of their last name or who they are related too. I have said these things earlier in the year but others got on here and bad mouthed me. There is no excuse for losing to East, the players played hard but they were handicapped with their coaching and usually you can look at this or that and it is not always the coaches fault but Friday night against East the coaches cost Elizabethton the game, no doubt.

Pless is doing alot of good things, but I think he must be listening to the wrong people at crunch time. Needed the 3 at the end of the first half and dang, I would not have risked the long pass intercepted in the end zone late in the game on third down (possible field goal to take the lead blown). Hard to explain what's going on, but I hear they have a plan?? We are six games deep, don't fix what's working, fix what is not working. There are alot of opionions about what to do, but something needs to be addressed. Someone has to be strong enough to do it. Staying the course hasn't worked.

As a head coach it is your decision on what to do. He does not need to listen to some of his coaches because they are clueless. I like Eddie and hope he does well but if he will not make tough decisions and keeps listening to people in his ear with other motives he has no business as head coach and would be better as an assistant. Maybe this is the game were he sees the light and takes control of his team and tell some of his assistants to shut up and get a clue. He does not have much help but that is not his fault. I still say 12 or 13 coaches are too many and in this case less is more.

I do want to add that I, and I am sure others, were darn proud of James Peterson. Just hope he keeps it up. We knew we could run on East and did well outside and a bit between the tackles. The bread and butter was on the sweeps to the wide side usually. Don't know why we didn't do that in the wanning moments of the 4th. Good job James and hats off to the line who sets up runs. Can't forget down field blocking either by the recievers and others. thumb

Like I said they have taken D. Nave out of the D as much as possible so why throw to him on O. Hes only 6-3 228 and can run pretty good. Maybe the O.C. and D.C. arent making the decisions to change and the decisions to leave things alone. Maybe they are getting input from higher up. I guess it really doesnt matter either way some bad stuff is happening. Communication from coaches to players is real bad. They dont inform kids of changes, they seem to have very little respect for some of these young men. Kids who may quit or leave the program who could contribute a whole lot over the next few years. They really dont seem to care, about them. ONLY ONE MANS OP.

Vd you are right about bad decisions, some of the coaches play there buddies. Some who they like. Work and work ethic seem to have little to do with things. Show up or miss, be late or on time all seems to be ok.

Things are ok though the sun came up today somewhere just not over Betsy, cause it was cloudy on this Saturday Morn.

Yes Krich i do have some insite on last nights football game before halftime.

If my memory corrects me it was when Elizabethton had the ball on the goaline

and coach Pless signeled for a run play and jeffers #7 checked the play call off

and decided to call the play on his own which resulted in a turnover might have

been a field goal but the point is why would you check your coach off when you

have the ball on the goalline and risk the chances on a interception which happend

and was fortunate to get the ball back on the count of a roughing the passer call.

Elizabethon cost thereselves the ball game last night single handedly plain and simple.