Greenbrier 44-Sycamore 22

EZBeingGreen

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The PA announcer is Brad Causey.  This is his first season of doing the PA announcing for us, after John Henderson (who used to do it for the War Eagles) moved back home in Texas.  Hey FatCat, do you do the radio broadcasts for Greenbrier???

825374401[/snapback]

Nope!

And, for me, this being his "first season" is no excuse. I can't believe there is not anything better in Pleasant View.

Edited by FatCat

EzbeingGreen...I had a first hand view of that (Sliding Touchdown)......I say he sled about um 4 yards and i sawthe ref look at him and his words was sure and he raised his arms lol its cool though I respeced his call even if it was bad lol...ext time it will be a HARDER hit.....Good Luck War Eagles

Edited by Touchdown4Bobcats

Fatcat,

Good to see Dustin at the endzone last night.  When is he going to be able to come back?

825374635[/snapback]

He will start practicing again this week. He will work as much as his body will allow. I don't expect him to get a lot of PT this Friday, but some. I suspect he will be much closer to 100% by the Marshall Co. game.

He has to build his strength and endurance back up. He has put back on 5 lbs the last few days of the 20 lbs he lost. He is finally able to eat solid food now! He will definitely be ready come playoff time!

I had the opportunity to speak with the two gentlemen who broacast the Greenbrier football games and I must say that they are very knowledgeable of the game.  That is why I figured that one of them might have either been FatCat or NoDoubt.  Best of luck to you guys against both Page & Marshall County because the real season begins this week for the Greenbrier Bobcats!!!

825374416[/snapback]

The two gentleman that you are referring to are Brad Carneal and Rick Green. They've been doing the Cats broadcasts for a couple of years. Brad is part of WSGI / WDBL in Springfield and Rick is a former Greenbrier player and current salesman at Cunningham in Springfield. The both seem to really enjoy what they're doing and they do a good job with it. I know a lot of Greenbrier people that always tune in on Saturday mornings to listen.

You say that "Garza" does the Sycamore broadcast. I take it that this is Josh's dad? Where is this carried and at what time? I also hear that you all have a radio show also. When is it?