Campbell Co @ Science Hill

VolViking

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a fairweather fan i am a former player and captain of cchs football. I am away at school at MTSU word from campbell county rarely reaches until my mother called me last friday and told how wonderful my always beloved cougars. i think the world of coach wells, wampler, shouse, rutherford they i was there for wells' first year as coach we went 1-9 one of the most heart wrenching things i ever faced was leaving that field and never being able to wear the blue and orange as a player again.

It surely is...Oh and JKar I have done nothing but hope for the best for CCHS as have all of the Cougar faithful for 30 years. It has just been hard to keep getting up for the coming season, be optimistic, and then be let down every year. Now the Cougar nation has not been let down, if anything this group has exceded expectations, and the support shows.

awww like i said they come out of the woodworks, not being negative but stating the obvious. since your new to the public posting let me tell you my background, i started following this team and posting since the preseason talk of how good this team was on here. living farther south than you i have kept up with them on here. now all i say is oppinion some good and some bad (even though the ccchs fans don't like to read it). but i have been here since the beginning, and who knows they (ccchs players & coaches) may take it personally as a "i told you we could" attitude which they may put up in there locker room as motivation, who knows. these young men are taking an us against the world attitude (which is good cause its true). but where were you???? and now you jump on here saying how great it is to be a ccchs former player and your leaving was your toughest desicion to make. if you didn't leave out of necessity then you must have left on your own free will and abandoned your team mates as many have done in the past at ccchs to go to greener pastures.

after all that is said (shew lots of typing there), i'm not changing my oppinion about ccchs needing to produce against a good opponent such as jeff co. more than once, and then maybe then will i submit to them being a good team.

and another thing when has a panther ever owned a nation? only humans have created things such as a nation. thumb

awww like i said they come out of the woodworks, not being negative but stating the obvious.  since your new to the public posting let me tell you my background, i started following this team and posting since the preseason talk of how good this team was on here.  living farther south than you i have kept up with them on here.  now all i say is oppinion some good and some bad (even though the ccchs fans don't like to read it).  but i have been here since the beginning, and who knows they (ccchs players & coaches) may take it personally as a "i told you we could" attitude which they may put up in there locker room as motivation, who knows.  these young  men are taking an us against the world attitude (which is good cause its true).  but where were you???? and now you jump on here saying how great it is to be a ccchs former player and your leaving was your toughest desicion to make.  if you didn't leave out of necessity then you must have left on your own free will and abandoned your team mates as many have done in the past at ccchs to go to greener pastures. 

after all that is said (shew lots of typing there), i'm not changing my oppinion about ccchs needing to produce against a good opponent such as jeff co. more than once, and then maybe then will i submit to them being a good team.

and another thing when has a panther ever owned a nation?  only humans have created things such as a nation. thumb

825377194[/snapback]

I never said it was great to be a player at CCHS, in my day we endured some things no 15-18 year old kid should have to endure. I agree that this is the third "BIG TEST" for the Cougars (i.e. jeff co. & sevier co.) For Campbell County this is a great team...they play as a TEAM as I have said many times which is admirable when a lot of football team are centered on individuals today. I don't like your cheap shot on my leaving, and it doesn't warrant an explanation...but I will give one. As a Frosh. I made a commitment as did my whole class to a Coach Ken Kesselring; we said as long as you are commited to making us a winner we are commited to doing all it takes for four years to do it. Well along the way I became a college prospect, and anyone that knew me knows I worked harder than anyone to be the best and to elevate my team mates to new levels. The eighth game of the season I was injured which ended my season. During half time of that game I became aware that our "beloved" coach had struck a deal with Karns to come home to Knoxville and coach again. I was not only sickened by my injury, but also the betrayal. By November the rumor mill was going strong...I sat in the office at school and broke into tears with another player in a conference with the AD, Coach K, and the principal at the time to get an answer. Instead of coming out to the team he answered me and the other player...and told us if we wanted to undo all we had done we would not tell the rest of the team. He also told us to do what would be best for our future. I begged him to stay because I knew our class, the first in nearly a decade to stay together and have no transfers, would fall apart. So with a guilty conscience we kept our secret...both on crutches because our seasons had been cut short on the same night. We continued to hound Coach K until he said in late November that he would resign sometime closer to Spring. With a college career on the line I weighed my options I wanted to stay close to my home, but I could not bring myself to go to AC because I vowed not to go to a place that had caused CCHS to be in the doldrums for sometime as long as kids were going there. So I left my lifelong friends and went to Corbin. I kept in touch and went to their games on our off week, and on a week that we had a Saturday game. I never rooted against them, and was there for them after a very emotional Senior night with my friends...Devin included. So don't try to shame me for leaving...it is something I have to live with and do every time I see the orange and blue or one of my friends. I wish I had the chance to play for coach Wells. By the time he was hired I could not come back. I had already participated in KY track and field, and according to KHSAA a transfer must sit out one year before participating in athletics at the new school. This is the first time I have told the WHOLE story, and it is in the public eye to be seen...my closest friends knew all along what you ALL know now.

didn't mean for you to take my comments as "where was you" as a cheap shot as to the reason you left ccchs as many before and after you have. was refering to where was your posting for the great support for ccchs as a fan, i'm just a follower not a fan and recognize the screen names popping up as supporters such as ccman84 and company, these new names posting that have been members for over a year or created recently just let's me know that the hay ride is in motion and heading down the trail.

. . . these new names posting that have been members for over a year or created recently just let's me know that the hay ride is in motion and heading down the trail.

825377269[/snapback]

That is not necessarily true, there JKar. Many of the "new posters" have been Cougar fans for years, enduring 0-10 seasons where we would be lucky to finish the year with 25 players healthy enough to take the field. We have endured politics at its finest, never giving a coaching staff the fabled 5 years to try to build a program because so & so's son wasn't the starting QB or some nonsense like that. We have followed our Cougars through thick & thin and knew the kids that gave so much of themselves only to be subjected to the coaching merry-go-around.

Why, you ask, if the Cougar Nation has so much support, are the new names just appearing on CoachT? I, for one only discovered the value of this site recently. As word gets out more what a great site this is, more of the Cougar faithful will be popping up. Win, lose or draw, we love our Cougars!

BTW, my claim to fame is that I was Chris Johnson's 1st athletic coach. Taught the kid everything he knows! :blink: