Worst Fight Song N West Tennessee?

htownfan

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

nope......recording artist O'Ryan sang it at a free concert that he gave at our game. He totally did NOT know the words and it took about 5 long minutes for him the finish! Since when does it have " and the pearly whitttttttteeeee Airrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" in it?? That was why we called it Mangled.

Forget laughing. I would have booed. There's no excuse, never, ever, for screwing up the national anthem and making it take 5 minutes. Just sing the song, sing it with dignity and respect, get the words right and don't make everyone suffer through it.

As for fight songs: Since 9 out of 10 high school bands choose Notre Dame as their school fight song and the North Carolina/Vanderbilt/Kansas/Georgia/about 1000 other schools' alma mater as their own, it's tough to say who has the best and worst since everyone sounds exactly alike. I was thinking Saturday down at Georgia while they played their Alma Mater -- why can't people be more original?

(I also found it interesting that Georgia claimed the "tradition of singing the national anthem" as their own.)

Edited by bigwes68

Who Let The Dogs Out really isnt a "fight song". Im a Milan guy but I absolutely hate that song. I remember them playing it about 500 times in 2000 at the Milan/Southside playoff game. Milan puts in the freshmen tailback...Rod Smith? Whos that? freshmen ran for over 100 on Southsides defense and took the lead with under a minute left. Who Let The Dogs Out over and over and over only to see Jabari Greer (tennessee) take a screen pass to the house and southside wins. I was just like....shouldnt have played that annoying song.

Edited by westtn2004state

Who Let The Dogs Out really isnt a "fight song". Im a Milan guy but I absolutely hate that song. I remember them playing it about 500 times in 2000 at the Milan/Southside playoff game. Milan puts in the freshmen tailback...Rod Smith? Whos that? freshmen ran for over 100 on Southsides defense and took the lead with under a minute left. Who Let The Dogs Out over and over and over only to see Jabari Greer (tennessee) take a screen pass to the house and southside wins. I was just like....shouldnt have played that annoying song.

825376090[/snapback]

couldn't have been 2000, because Jabari Greer was wearing Orange in 2000.