Ooltewah vs. Oak Ridge

owlsfan10

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know guys and gals..I was raised up in the tradition of Soddy-Daisy football,I thought the game was outstanding last week!!! Although the refs made it tough for BOTH..and I say it again BOTH teams I have to say congrats to Ooltewah. Ofcourse I wish that Soddy would have won , but either way it was one of the best games around here in a long time...And now I hope that both Soddy and Ooltewah go up and beat Oak Ridge and thatthey both sen Farragut home in the 4th seed of the region...And that they meet again in the playoffs...3rd round at home here in Chattavegas......Something else too...I wished that they would move the Clinic Bowl every year or two ....You know ..have it in Knoxville,Chattanooga,Memphis,back in Nashville..You know mix it up..Instead of letting Riverdale have homefield advantage every year!!

Hey Central Bobcat,

Two things: Number one you need to worry about stopping the Rebels and Cade Thompson all night long. He is going to tear you guys apart. Central, what a bunch of annual pretenders. Number two: I have been following the Cats since they beat us back in August in a scrimmage. The Defensive line at Oak Ridge is for real, and they are deep at that. They must have had 4 guys that were 6'3 or better and two or three real speedy guys. I watched them play against William Blount and you are right # 43 can play , but so can # 77, and # 56, and #66, and 53 I think, but they have some players. I predict the Cats to win this one, because they are gettin in playoff gear and its tough to be Oak Ridge at the ship.

Cats 35

Owls 32

Rebs 56

Bobcats 14

Go Rebs Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, this thread has gotten off topic, and back on, it's crazy!  Both teams are preparing for a huge match up coming on Friday.  Either team could take this game, so players will need to step up if they expect to win and KEEP POSSESION OF THAT FOOTBALL!!  I know a lot of Ooltewah students are planning on making the trip to Oak Ridge to witness which is the biggest game for both teams yet this year.  Both teams feel they can win this one, we'll just have to see which team comes with that little extra jump.  Let's focus on this game before we start talking about a possible Ooltewah vs Riverdale game...  One week, one game at a time guys.

825388119[/snapback]

HA Ha this is really not Oak Ridges biggest game of the year thing is every game aganist Oak Ridge is the other teams biggest game of the year. Most consider their season a success if they beat Oak Ridge. Any team can beat OR then loose to everyone else and call their season a flaming success ...........LOL

Edited by Wildmanfan

HA Ha this is really not Oak Ridges biggest game of the year thing is every game aganist Oak Ridge is the other teams biggest game of the year. Most consider their season a success if they beat Oak Ridge. Any team can beat OR then loose to everyone else and call their season a flaming success ...........LOL

825391592[/snapback]

What a joke! I guess you could say its a big game. Whoever wins this game wins the region and host in the playoffs.... 8-0 team vs. a 7-1 team! Sounds pretty big to me.

825391592[/snapback]

If Ooltewah beats Oak Ridge, I don't call that a success...I call winning a state championship a success. Oak Ridge is just one stop along the way. I would love for the Owls to go up to their and sink the Titanic, but even if they don't it's not the end of the world. I'm looking at this game as just another of the 10! Of course it is a big game though because it's basically winner take all! I personally feel this is LESS of an important game than the Soddy one last week. Of course I'm a fan and not a player. The Owl coaches and players would tell you each week that THAT week's game is the biggest of the season!

Go Owls!

Well, guys I haven't said much, because the pick on this one is very close. On the Big Ones Contest I chose Ooltewah... being from Chattanooga, my heart is with them and that is really what I want to see.

After careful thought, I have decided that this one will be a lower score than everyone has been predicting. I'll say Oak Ridge 17; Ooltewah 14. I do wish the boys from The Nest will prove me wrong, but I have always tried to objective, and I just think that being undefeated going into this game, plus the fact that the game is at Oak Ridge, the advantage with the intangibles goes to Oak Ridge.

I expect it will be a hard fought game but Oak Ridge will win because Ooltewah either fails to make a couple of field goals or simply avoids kicking them and failing on fourth down.

Good luck to both teams!

Wel Well, I think it is time for me to post my prediction but I just am not feeling to good about this game. Actually I am not sure who I really like in this game. Yet, due to almost the simple fact that Oak Ridge can throw the ball so well, almost as good if not better than Soddy Daisy, I think Oak Ridge has the advantage. Although I am going to guess Oak Ridge will win the game, I will be pulling for Ooltewah since I am based here in Chattanooga.

Wildcats 28

Owls 20

825391453[/snapback]

If you want to make it seem like you know something about OR, say something about Gulmire. Didn't the OR qb have like 3 picks against Farragut? They don't have near the quarterback or receivers that Soddy does, but I will agree that if they want to win they will have to throw the ball! Ooltewah can stuff the run like it's nothing, but they have no answer for a good passing attack. OR won't win if they play like they did last week, but Ooltewah is a team of fortune and it's only a matter of time until their luck runs out!