Shelbyville at Ooltewah

timbdp

First of all, when you come into another teams "home" and put up your signs reading such clever sayings as "who ya name is?" it is disrespectful to the home team.  I saw nothing wrong with the Owls defending their home turf tonight after a well fought win.  I know the parent (the older man, blue baseball cap and bag that resembled a purse) doesnt represent how all the shelbyville parents acted, but he was the bad sportsman getting in coach curtis blair's face, then confronting the girls players in their stretch.  Likewise, i want to appalogize for some of the Ooltewah fan's comments as the shelbyville players exited the stadium, by no means does that represent our team, and the majority of our soccer fans. On a lighter note, congrats to the girls, i have seen some talented teams come out of ooltewah, but none have been able to put a season together like yall, good luck at STATE! and bring a Championship to Ooltewah!!

825385656[/snapback]

Again like I stated in my message up above, Permission was asked and granted by the home team. If you didn't want the signs up, you should have never said yes.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well for one our coach said we could rip them down i was one out of two who did not partake in this event but the thing that i thought was a bunch of bs was when the guys from shelbyville came up to our coaches and tried to pick fights with them now how immature was that? I mean one you know they aren't going to fight back but just to even make the jesture was just stupid.

to add on to what i just said i do have to admit that shelbyville did have a well fought game, and who cares what the parents or the fans had to say about anything we were there to play soccer not to prove that who had the most spirit, it was just about the game. The refs weren't all that good and like one of the earlier posts said the shelbyville parents were pretty bad i mean i was down on the field and i could definetly hear what they were saying, but i still think it was a well fought match. and good luck to Shelbyville in the future seasons

Again like I stated in my message up above, Permission was asked and granted by the home team.  If you didn't want the signs up, you should have never said yes.

825385765[/snapback]

OK North... i would like to know where you heard this from because as far as i know being relatively close to the parents and the coach no one asked permission. Ide like to hear some details. Also, what were the Shelbyville players thinking stretching in mid field? Maybe since you have some kind of insight you can help eveyone here out.

to add on to what i just said i do have to admit that shelbyville did have a well fought game, and who cares what the parents or the fans had to say about anything we were there to play soccer not to prove that who had the most spirit, it was just about the game. The refs weren't all that good and like one of the earlier posts said the shelbyville parents were pretty bad i mean i was down on the field and i could definetly hear what they were saying, but i still think it was a well fought match. and good luck to Shelbyville in the future seasons

825385859[/snapback]

You have class, hats off

last night was a hard fought game on both sides. good work girls (both teams)

As far as the crap involving sportsmanship...i have no arguements against OHS.

When a visiting team warms up in the center circle they are inviting conflict. who in their right mind would take over the middle of the field (pretty much stating that they own the place) wanna talk about unsportsmanship...you dont disrespect a home team by trying to take over their field and post up your signs. If you wanted to hang signs...you shouldve won your other games so that you could host. those are things you give up when you travel.

i have no problem with shellbyville's team...the girls were fine. but the parents and fans were some of the worst ive ever seen. what type of idiot tries to start something up w/ teenage girls...i cant stand parents who argue with kids. what do they think they are going to accomplish? And threaten the OHS coach.

Time to move on. Cya next season shellbyville. Play hard at the quarterfinals Ooltewah.

Wow, I wish I had seen this!! Sounds like I missed a good game and pretty good entertainment show!

Everyone on CoachT knows I am a HUGE Ooltewah supporter. I was not at this game, nor have I spoken with anyone involved. I personally cannot condone such behavior by the Ooltewah players IF, and only IF, what I have read on here is correct. Beating a team should be enough - I do think crying over ripped up signs is lame, BUT Ooltewah should have just cheered on their side.....Shelbyville had a long enough drive home as it was.....

Let me do some research, and I will come back to this thread!

By the way, GO OWLS!!! Good luck at state!

Anybody know who gave Shelbyville permission to put up the signs? I'm a member of the owls soccer team and I know that that act^ was very surprising to us and the eaglettes stretching on our center circle was, too. They ended up being things that drove the Owls to play that much harder, in my opinion. Both teams played very well and with a lot of heart, however I'm obviously siding with Ooltewah on this one---they're just signs. Good luck in the future to the members of both teams.

Seems this game will go on forever!

Ooltewah should consider whether they may be playing at Shelbyville sometime in the next few years. Whatever unsportsmanlike conduct Ooltewah players took part in will be remembered by the Shelbyville fans.

This is merely a statement of fact.

Sounds like there was misconduct, poor decision-making and enough blame to go all around. Probably a number of lessons to be learned, as well. I agree with Whitey's post - coaches can't influence parents and fans to a great degree, but should have control of players and managers.

This post documents many instances of misconduct and should be required reading for all high-school coaches, who can perhaps prevent some of this behavior in the future.

Despite what any Ooltewah player did, stretching at mid field is a no-no...in any sport. Who in the world does that? Is this Shelbyville's first year to have a soccer team? :) Of course instead of tearing down signs, I would have stepped it up physically...like in football, hit 'em in the mouth, and they won't come back for more!

Despite what any Ooltewah player did, stretching at mid field is a no-no...in any sport.  Who in the world does that?  Is this Shelbyville's first year to have a soccer team?  :)  Of course instead of tearing down signs, I would have stepped it up physically...like in football, hit 'em in the mouth, and they won't come back for more!

825386212[/snapback]

It was a pretty physical game :)

There hasn't been a game, either home or away that our girls didn't take the middle of the field to stretch. Just about all teams that we have played have done the same..... It was even something that we did when I was in HS Soccer in the North, and as for Shelbyville parents and fans...... If you thought that they were bad yesterday.... don't go to a home game, they'll tear you apart.