Montgomery central @ Page

shingaling71

Hey creekwooocrazy...Herndon didn't do much??? Looks like his team beat you 21-0 while you were chasing him instead of the ball carrier.

This week...Page knows what is at stake...from what I hear from some team members.....there will be much better blocking and staying on your man. DB's must step up.

They have seen film on Central and know not to take them lightly. Page will be the 2nd physical team that Central has faced.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im pullin for central bc they have to beat page for cw to get to the playoffs.  Go Central

825388642[/snapback]

Oooooops! I was wrong. Page HAS NOT secured a playoff berth, yet! If they lost to Mont. Central and CW, then CW would get the #4 spot and Page would watch from home.

That is unless Marshall Co. loses to GB and Sycamore. Then, Page would be #4 seed. (That is "assuming" CW beats Giles Co. this week. If not, then that scenario goes further down the tie-breaker chain, with the advantage being again to Marshall Co. and CW)

Again, though, a Page victory locks in a playoff berth for themselves and Marshall Co., even if Marshall were to lose to GB and Sycamore.

Fat Cat..what is the playoff scenario if Gb loses to MC. or if Gb wins if Page wins out?

825389110[/snapback]

What? A scenario where Greenbrier loses to MC? Is that possible? :)

Page could still end up the #1 seed. They would have to win out and GB lose out. That would be GB's worst case scenario and would have them finishing 3d in the region no matter what happened between MC and Sycamore the final week. MC would be the #2 and Mont. Central #4.

But, if MC wins out, Page wins out, and GB beats Giles Co., then the Bobcats get the #1 seed still because of overall record (8 - 2). Then, Page would get #2 and MC #3.

MC winning out, Page splitting (beating Mont. Central), and GB beating Giles puts MC #1, GB #2, Page #3, Mont. Central #4.

MC winning out, Page splitting (losing to Mont. Central, and GB beating Giles puts MC #1, GB #2, Mont. Central #3, Page #4.

MC splitting (beating GB), Page winning out, and GB beating Giles puts GB #1, Page #2, MC #3, Mont. Central #4.

MC splitting (losing to GB), Page winning out puts GB #1, Page #2, MC #3, Mont. Central #4.

MC splitting (beating GB), Page splitting (beating Mont. Central), GB beating Giles puts it GB #1, Page #2, MC #3, Mont. Central #4.

MC splitting (beating GB), Page splitting (losing to Mont. Central), GB beating Giles, and Mont. Central beats Waverly puts it GB #1, Mont. Central #2, Page #3, MC #4.

MC splitting (beating GB), Page splitting (losing to Mont. Central), GB beating Giles, and Mont. Central loses to Waverly puts it GB #1, other 3 would face a LONG list of tie-breakers at that point because all would be 6 - 4 / 4 - 2. Page would more than likely end up 4th.

I could keep going on with about 4 - 8 more scenarios, but I won't. The bottom line is that most scenarios have GB, Page, MC, and MC as the 4 playoff teams. CW needs help to get in, but it is possible.

Also, even though Page beat MC, notice there are more scenarios where MC could end up the #1 seed (2) than there are for Page (1).

If someone put a gun to my head and made me predict the final order, then I'd have to say, GB - 1, Page - 2, MC - 3, Mont. Central - 4. However, as you can see, it could easily go many different ways depending on how the games play out.

Thanks Fat Cat for all of these options. Looks like a lot will be decided this Fri night.

Patriots...Focus this week...you still have so much riding on the game. It is Senior night and you want those seniors to go out on a winning note. It has been a LONG time since Page has lost on Senior night...keep that streak alive!!!!!!!!!!!!

What?  A scenario where Greenbrier loses to MC?  Is that possible?  :lol:

Page could still end up the #1 seed.  They would have to win out and GB lose out.  That would be GB's worst case scenario and would have them finishing 3d in the region no matter what happened between MC and Sycamore the final week.  MC would be the #2 and Mont. Central #4.

But, if MC wins out, Page wins out, and GB beats Giles Co., then the Bobcats get the #1 seed still because of overall record (8 - 2).  Then, Page would get #2 and MC #3.

MC winning out, Page splitting (beating Mont. Central), and GB beating Giles puts MC #1, GB #2, Page #3, Mont. Central #4.

MC winning out, Page splitting (losing to Mont. Central, and GB beating Giles puts MC #1, GB #2, Mont. Central #3, Page #4.

MC splitting (beating GB), Page winning out, and GB beating Giles puts GB #1, Page #2, MC #3, Mont. Central #4.

MC splitting (losing to GB), Page winning out puts GB #1, Page #2, MC #3, Mont. Central #4.

MC splitting (beating GB), Page splitting (beating Mont. Central), GB beating Giles puts it GB #1, Page #2, MC #3, Mont. Central #4.

MC splitting (beating GB), Page splitting (losing to Mont. Central), GB beating Giles, and Mont. Central beats Waverly puts it GB #1, Mont. Central #2, Page #3, MC #4.

MC splitting (beating GB), Page splitting (losing to Mont. Central), GB beating Giles, and Mont. Central loses to Waverly puts it GB #1, other 3 would face a LONG list of tie-breakers at that point because all would be 6 - 4 / 4 - 2.  Page would more than likely end up 4th.

I could keep going on with about 4 - 8 more scenarios, but I won't.  The bottom line is that most scenarios have GB, Page, MC, and MC as the 4 playoff teams.  CW needs help to get in, but it is possible. 

Also, even though Page beat MC, notice there are more scenarios where MC could end up the #1 seed (2) than there are for Page (1).

If someone put a gun to my head and made me predict the final order, then I'd have to say, GB - 1, Page - 2, MC - 3, Mont. Central - 4.  However, as you can see, it could easily go many different ways depending on how the games play out.

825389267[/snapback]

Okay, FatCat, now you've got me overanalyzing how this could go, and mine and Bulldogs fingers crossed into knots, BUT, hoping for different outcomes.

GO BOBCATS GO!

If any of you guys at Page see these scenarios....remember you control your own destiny!!!!!!

This region is just like most people predicted.

That's why some teams schedule a cupcake like Fayette-Ware so they can get in...not do anything once you get there but get in the playoffs....so what if you lose.

Greenbrier[/url]Cat2' date='Oct 19 2004 - 05:53 PM']Okay, FatCat, now you've got me overanalyzing how this could go, and mine and Bulldogs fingers crossed into knots,  BUT, hoping for different outcomes.

GO BOBCATS GO!

825389790[/snapback]

I thought I might make some heads spin. I was getting dizzy figuring it all out as I went along. I had to stop or I was going to hurt myself! :lol:

However, it's my own fault. I LOVE to do anything analytical......numbers geek, you know?! :D

If any of you guys at Page see these scenarios....remember you control your own destiny!!!!!!

This region is just like most people predicted.

That's why some teams schedule a cupcake like Fayette-Ware so they can get in...not do anything once you get there but get in the playoffs....so what if you lose.

825389910[/snapback]

Hey old man, why don't you check and see who actually has done the most in the playoffs over the course of this regions formation. Be honest. Unless I'm mistaken, and I'm not, there had been at least 1 year Page didn't even make the playoffs. Since the formation of this region Marshall Co. has made it to the Quarterfinals 2 times, Greenbrier has made it to the semi-finals 1 time and Sycamore has made it to the Quarterfinals 1 time. Page made it a few rounds the very first year of the region, but has not fired a shot since. KNOW YOUR ROLE LITTLE MAN!