Class A Players to look out for?

Hawk1434

HELP :lol: Gomad2 Please respond to my previous post-

Could someone that knows Gomad2 ask him to respond--

Dawg05

You might want a friend to proof-read your posts before you send them-

Either your writing is getting in the way of your thoughts or the reverse?

It is hard to take you seriously with such flawed logic and incoherent phraseology-

Did you study Caleb on film because you were preparing to play Temple? If not- what in the world are you doing watching Caleb on film?

I can understand supporting your favorite team and players; however, why do you feel the need to attack a kid like Caleb ?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dawg05

"Well I guess every ref in the state is a "blooming idiot" then. I've seen him on tape and on the court and every time he goes to the basket he travels. If you can't see it in the game then get a tape. I saw one of the CC games (district or region last year). His brother would be shut down because he does the same thing. That simple."

Ok...here we go again. It is pretty "confident" (some would say arrogant) for you to say that you know more than every ref in the city...but obviously you think highly of your opinion. Everyone is wrong and you are right.

I can guarentee you that I have seen him on tape 10 times more than you have. Second, you really show that you don't know what you are talking about to comment on his brother as "doing the same thing" because they have completely opposite games. Seth hardly ever dribbles, he is catch and shoot or post up. To say he does the same thing simply shows your ignorance. Don't be offended, ignorance is not a bad thing it just means you don't know. Stupidity is a bad thing because that means you can't learn. I hope you are just ignorant.

Well this "chubby lil guy" held you to 0% shooting and dropped 19 on your team.

I'm not going to say anything else about last year. I'm just letting you know that you better be ready come January.

825402808[/snapback]

I'll be comin ready for CCS and TN Temple....But I'm sorry not Sale Creek, Nor Whitwell, Nor Richard Hardy.....

oh yea andI'm callin you out this year, 5 bucks says I make you bust that aZz....

Edited by Hawk1434

You cannot call me biased, until you, yourself, have seen all of these players play, not only during the winter, but on the summer circuit as well... Those that say I have a West bias have not seen the West play... It is no longer opinion, but fact, that the best basketball in the State, by Region, is in the West. College Coaches know it, Scouts know it, knowlegeable fans who have seen all three regions know it. One of my favorite scouts in the Nation resides in the East: and he knows there is no comp talent-wise between the West and East... Well, that should put that to rest...

The best players in Class A are:

Nicchaeus Doaks, 6'8 F, committed-UTC

Xavier Webb, 6'9 F, committed Ole-Miss

Joseph Bailey, 6'2 G, D-1 (from East of Nashville, by the way)

Daniel Puckett, 6'7 F/G, committed-Tulane

These guys have done it against the best in the State and the Nation

Brandon Shane, Joe Lackey, and Travis Sikes are the next 3...

Also, it is flawed to think that you have to win a certain amount, or get to State, to be the best in the State, or Mr. Basketball...

Didn't Andre Allen win Mr. Basketball without making State, and finishing 4th in his district 2 years ago?

Coaching, teammates, and schedule have a LOT to do with how much you win...

West Carroll won 22 games last year, so X obviously won a lot. Oh but he didn't get to state??? So Tyler Smith at Giles isn't any good because he didnt either???

And as for a "bias" toward my own players... did you ever think I chose the kids I did choose for a reason? Maybe I thought they were the best players available? I watched Bailey and watched Skogen. No contest. Bailey is the much better player, so I recruited Bailey, and did not even contact Skogen. That's what I do: I recruit the best players I can... That's why I had 7 Division 1 players in last year's senior class alone. This year I hope to have 8!!! That would be 15 Division 1 players in 2 years, 19 in the last 3, and 22 in the last 4 years (and that doesn't even include Mr. Basketball winner DeMarco Polk)... Talent speaks for itself...

Edited by gomab2

Gomab,

Of course I can say you are bias, because you are. HOWEVER, your bias might be accurate. You are bias toward the West because you say the ARE better, if your right, then don't be ashamed of your bias, it would be a good and right one.

You do have to admit that you have more opportunity to see the West kids play than the East, or am I mistaken? I am not speaking about collective talent but individual talent.

As far as Bailey and Skogen go, how often have you seen them each play, about the same or one much more than the other? At any rate they will go head to head on Jan 28 at Temple. Should be a great game. Bailey is the better shooter, but if he can stay in front of Skogen and handle the ball as well, and have as much speed, then he can play anywhere in the country. Looking forward to watching that one.

Remember my friend, I was in no way criticizing your judgments, you support your opinions well, but it is my opinion that you are at times short sighted, but then who isn't?

Thanks for the brain fodder, its fun to read someone who has something to say.

Lets see..... name the teams that played in the 1A championship games the last 4 years.  Seems to me Chattanooga has dominated this area.  Get your facts straight.  CCS and Temple and Grace and Lookout Valley have dominated and they have produced the best players.  John Cook, Jake Scogin, Howerda,

825404605[/snapback]

Since when has Lookout Valley played in the State Championship game? Last time they made it to state was in 2000.

And define dominating for me. Because I don't think that one trip to state (CCS and Grace) defines dominating whether you make it to Saturday or not. However I will agree with you about Temple dominating. Back to back and then a Final Four (and possibly another trip for the next three years with the Skogen kid) is pretty good.

Thank you for the thoughtful response Gomab2

You know a lot more about Tennesse basketball than most--

However- I don't agree with you on one very important point--

Winning should count-- players that recieve the "press" and have the "stats" in the pre-season and are recruited to fine colleges don't always pan out, and you know that. It is one thing to be recruited and one thing to win and be a force in Div 1.

More and more college recruiters are looking for WINNERS that can be a roll player on a winning team. You can be a 6'9 dunk-master with all the scouts drooling and end up a flop. Gonzaga University recruits winners- kids that know how to be roll players and know how to find a way to win.

Allow me to use football as my metaphor for this-- Who is the greatest reciever of all-time? Most football people will not hesitate and say, "Jerry Rice". He was not recruited as a Div 1 player. He did not have the "hype" that you are trying to give kids.

Recruiters all over the country are waking up to this fact- Gomab2- Will you?

Kids can look "pretty" in the press or look like "the man" in warm ups- but basketball is a team sport and winning championships is THE GOAL- not being named Mr. Basketball based on pre-season hype or lack there of.

It is hard to measure winning- it is easy (and lazy minded) to recruite players based on a flashy stat, press clippings and by following the path of all other recruiters that track the same players and don't work hard to find out more about what makes kids tick.

Bottom line-- you have to recruit kids of character and heart- the intangibles- there is gold to be mined for the ones that are not afraid of working hard to find it.

Good post TBird, but...

Webb and Doaks ARE the hidden gems that you have to look hard to find. Both are rural West Tn players that no one even knew about prior to the summer. I had to look far and wide to find both. College coaches went from not even knowing anything about them, to High Major recruitment for both... Bailey is the same way. No one knew of the kid on any type of a National scene. These are the kids that go without the hype of others and are steals for their respective colleges...

Also, Grizzly is very right...

Fun discussion, though...

Thank you for your compliment Gomab2-

However- what is your response to my main point about proven winners?

It is not fair to say that good coaching and schedules keep kids from winning-

Good players make the average players around them into winners- as they mold into a team.

Caleb Skogen is a proven winner- you have not defended your picks for top 1A players in that light.

Caleb (and his team) can only control winning- not their press clippings-

It is really unfair for you to say that Temple and Caleb Skogen could win state this next year and be named the Most Valuable Player of the tournament, (He made first team on the state tournament last year- did your top picks?) and have experts like you still place him low on the list of 1A players.

With that logic- experts like you pick the top players and then those kids can "coast" on reputation and not make state and enjoy all of the "glory" you give them.