McMinn -vs- Bradley

TribeFan

This is the longest and oldest running rivalry in Tennessee high school history dateing back to the early 1900's. Both teams are struggling with McMInn @ 2-6 and Bradley @ 0-8. This is still a bitter rivalry no matter what kind of a record either team has coming into this game. Who wins this annual grudge match between these to teams that are having terrible years on the football field? GO TRIBE!!!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since nobody will post on the thread I started I will post again. Here are some interesting numbers McMinn is being outscored 32-10 by other region 2-5A teams while Bradley has been getting outscored by 53-5. As bad as I hate to say it this game appears to be for who finishes last in the region. Come on Tribe show some spirit and win these last two for the PRIDE of the program. GO TRIBE!!!!

Now don't everybody @ once post on this thread..... I need someone to talk to about McMinn and Bradley. GO TRIBE!!!

825389503[/snapback]

Tribefan, your to funny.

This one won't be much of a game. Bradley is just flat out awful. This is one of those games that will make all the Mcminn fans feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

McMinn - 35

Bradley - 14

Sorry to rain on your parade, but TSSAA records indicate that Marion/South Pittsburg is the longest rivarly in the state. People continue to argue this, but its not something that is opinion, there are facts to back it up. Anyway, good luck to both the Bears and the Cherokees, two teams that are desparately searching for something good to happen.

Bballfan12 do you by chance know how old either Marion or South Pitt. high school is? McMinn was founded in 1903.... I have done a little research and have found that Marion Co. was formerly Pryor Institute and was named Marion Co. in 1910. South Pittsburgh was not founded until 1924. So my question is if McMinn was founded in 1903 and Bradley in 1917 how can the Marion/ South Pitt. be the oldest rivalry?

Edited by TribeFan