What is district 8AAA looking like this year?

untame

This year nobody is a clear favorite to win the district. I seen Columbia play in summer tournaments and I will say that Columbia has a chance to get back to their old winning ways coming off a down year under 1st year coach Graves. Returning a solid core who lost only key player Steve Gray, all-district preformers Zac Walker and Justin Bullock, along with Coty String should step up and have blowout years, and Alston Enyard has to step his game up from last year to give them a chance! Shelbyville will be in the hunt with point guard Dequan Twilly(MVP pick) leading the way. It should be a very interesting year in District 8AAA this year! Give me some feedback on this subject!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect to Twilley, I really think the best player in this district is Micah Williams of Coffee County. He is one of the most mature and composed players I have seen. This kid can play and doesn't have to be loud about it. If he had the athletes around him that Twilley does he would be more renowned. Oh by the way, he's only a junior.

Edited by eagle79

Guest Oakland
With all due respect to Twilley, I really think the best player in this district is Micah Williams of Coffee County.  He is one of the most mature and composed players I have seen.  This kid can play and doesn't have to be loud about it.  If he had the athletes around him that Twilley does he would be more renowned.  Oh by the way, he's only a junior.

825389365[/snapback]

as far as top to bottom, how does this district stack up?

With all due respect to Twilley, I really think the best player in this district is Micah Williams of Coffee County.  He is one of the most mature and composed players I have seen.  This kid can play and doesn't have to be loud about it.  If he had the athletes around him that Twilley does he would be more renowned.  Oh by the way, he's only a junior.

825389365[/snapback]

I agree with you about Micah, he is a true baller and will make some noise this year,but he doesn't have anyone around him to help out. he will get his,but its hard to win MVP from the bottom of the standings. That why i went with Twilley as my preseason MVP because he has a nice core of players around him and he can and will take control when he has to!

I agree with you about Micah, he is a true baller and will make some noise this year,but he doesn't have anyone around him to help out. he will get his,but its hard to win MVP from the bottom of the standings. That why i went with Twilley as my preseason MVP because he has a nice core of players around him and he can and will take control when he has to!

825390808[/snapback]

No one individual on Micahs team is great besides him but they play as a team. I know all the guys personally and they will play hard together. Look for CC to be 2nd if not 1st in the district with Micah getting the MVP!!!

I would have to say that Coffee Co. will have a good team this year and that Micah Williams will have a greayeaand leave with the MVP.

825390833[/snapback]

I'm just going by what i saw from coffee co. last year. Every game I seen, Micah was the only reason they were in the game. I know Micah and he is probably the best all around player in the district, but twilley and Shelbyville are going to be a froce along with Columbia!

I think the district looks like this:

1. Coffee Co.

2. Shelbyville

3. Columbia

4. Tullahoma

5. <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=151&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Franklin Co.</a>

6. Lawrence Co.

7. Lincoln Co.

825391851[/snapback]

Does Coffee Co have a hidden secret or something? with the team they had last year and the ones coming back, I just don't see them on top of the district! I see their peak position at #3. This year it will be Shelbyville and Columbia at the #1 and #2 spot. WINGMAN, are you taiking about Justin Bullock of Columbia? If so, he does have game. He will be right in the hunt for MVP as well!