Lebanon vs. Smyrna

hegotgame

I'm proud of you, Devils. The most clutch win in a loooong time. Now just take care of business at Siegel next week and don't get your heads in the clouds. Awesome job. Maybe now that respect will come.

And guess what? Lebanon should get Franklin County again in the first round. I KNOW LHS can't wait to bust the Rebs in the mouth after last year. Good times.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnson has 855 yards on 125 carries (6.84 per carry) and 16 rushing TD's. He's also caught a pass for a TD -- giving him 17 on the season, the most for Lebanon since FB Steve Rose was rumbling on 31 trap for Medley's Blue Devils. By the way, hegotgame, if you ever thought about getting back on the field, Cumberland is going to get things going with this new coach. How's your time in the 40? I know your hands are OUTSTANDING.

I was standing right next to Orona when he said what he said.  You are right about what he said.  It was very disrespectful BUT a Lebanon coach walked right up to him and said word for word "I don't see you running your smart a** mouth now you little punk".  Orona reacted like a high school kid.  Maybe the coach needs to act like an adult. 

What a class act!

825395815[/snapback]

Come on man, why tell lies. I talked to the coach you are referring too and he said he never spoke directly to orona, he was talking to his players. Orona must of been close and took offense to the coaches comments. The Lebanon players told their coaches how much smack smyrna was talking to them during the game,(Orona being the main one doing the talking). That coach was telling his players that they're not talking now, I think you just added the little punk to try to defend a sore loser or it's just another conspiracy to try to bring Lebanon down and cover up the thugs on the smyrna squad. Matter of fact I think Smyrna had one or two personal fouls and Lebanon had 0. True test of class act

Edited by bigballer93

I'm proud of you, Devils. The most clutch win in a loooong time. Now just take care of business at Siegel next week and don't get your heads in the clouds. Awesome job. Maybe now that respect will come.

And guess what? Lebanon should get Franklin County again in the first round. I KNOW LHS can't wait to bust the Rebs in the mouth after last year. Good times.

825395969[/snapback]

actually i think coffee co. will be coming to lebanon and franklin co. going to RHS.

I am glad that you are happy!

My coaches at Smyrna also love our kids and we are a very close family unit.  There is nothing better than that kind of unity between coaches and thier players.  You are right and I stated that earlier, Orona should not have said what he said, but HE IS A KID.  Your coach was totally out of line and I dare you to tell me that had one of our coaches said what your coach said to a kid .... I just don't think he would have walked away.  If you think he would have then maybe your kids need to be giving your coaches some lessons.

I don't mean to be rambling on about this ... forget it.  I just thought it was very wrong for an authority figure to speak to a young athlete like that.  I'll end it at that. 

Good luck to LHS next week.

825395940[/snapback]

i understand where you are coming from but you cannot defend anyone for using that language, and i am not defending the LHS coach in question. i don't care if you are a kid. why does age have anything to do with this??? if i found out any of my players ever said that on the field especially to a coach he would have to run so many bleachers to stay on my team. but i'm sure since it's Orona the best player in middle TN it probably will get swept under the rug. now i'm done with it.

i'm sure this is the part where you guys say more bad things about LHS staff.

also good luck to the bulldogs in their game with the pats and the trip to the pit. thumb

TV replay of Lebanon - Smyrna will be on Lebanon's Charter Communications Cable Channel 6 Saturday at 9 a.m. Lebanon had 400 yards of offense (304 on the ground) and 20 first downs. Todd Cross completed all 4 of his passing attempts for 96 yards, 2 TDs and NO interceptions. How about that 98-yard, 17 play drive for the Blue Devils that ate up nearly 10 minutes of the fourth quarter?

825395945[/snapback]

man those shutdown corners for smyrna really shutdown the blue devil passing game.

Guest Oakland
man those shutdown corners for smyrna really shutdown the blue devil passing game.

825396024[/snapback]

with only 4 attempted passes all night they didnt need to be shutdown corners. sounded the run defense was more of a concern last night than the pass defense

Oakland[/url]' date='Oct 23 2004 - 03:45 AM']with only 4 attempted passes all night they didnt need to be shutdown corners. sounded the run defense was more of a concern last night than the pass defense

825396026[/snapback]

4-4 96 yards and 2 TDs and all we heard from smyrna was you can't throw on us because no one in the region has corners like we do. and that run defense gave up 304 yards. they just got whipped off the ball.

Guest Oakland
4-4 96 yards and 2 TDs and all we heard from smyrna was you can't throw on us because no one in the region has corners like we do. and that run defense gave up 304 yards. they just got whipped off the ball.

825396027[/snapback]

lol yeah cat did go on about smyrna's corners, while they are good they arent "shutdown". does this mean oakland has a shutdown secondary since we held you guys to 0 yards passing? ;)

Oakland[/url'>' date='Oct 23 2004 - 03:54 AM']lol yeah cat did go on about smyrna's corners, while they are good they arent "shutdown". does this mean oakland has a shutdown secondary since we held you guys to 0 yards passing? ;)

825396028[/snapback]

you guys just had a better pass rush. i don't think todd could see when he passed on you guys. the line played awful in that half. Oakland if you didn't make it to that game you missed the best region 4 game this year.