2005 7-5A and 8-5A regions

kwc

The TSSAA is adding 3 new teams into the 5A ranks in the Memphis area. Ridgeway, Craigmont, and Wooddale will be the newly added teams.

Does the TSSAA re-do the regions based upon goegraphic locations? If they do reclassify teams, do they use a north/south dividing line or an east/west dividing line? Here is a link to the mapping supplied by the TSSAA site.

http://homer.ssd.census.gov/cgi-bin/mapper...FTOKEN=21931417

Here is what's presently used:

Region: 7

Bartlett High School (Bartlett)

Bolton High School (Arlington)

Cordova High School (Cordova)

Memphis Central High School (Memphis)

Millington Central High School (Millington)

Overton High School (Memphis)

Region: 8

Collierville High School (Collierville)

Germantown High School (Germantown)

Hamilton High School (Memphis)

Houston High School (Germantown)

Kirby High School (Memphis)

White Station High School (Memphis)

Whitehaven High School (Memphis)

This is what I think ... I think the TSSAA adds 2 teams to Region 7 and 1 team to Region 8. I think they put Craigmont and Ridgeway in region 7 and Wooddale in region 8. This will give both regions 8 teams while keeping the old region rivalries in tact. I think Ridgeway and Craigmont go into region 7 because they are the 2 northern most teams added of the three.

What do you guys think?

I say they move White Station to region 7 and Overton to region 8.

Add Craigmont to region 7 and Woodale and Ridgeway(Ridgeway is a natural rival for Germantown) to region 8

Gives Region 8 nine for now, but Arlington will move to region 7 in two years making the regions 8 and 9 respectively.

(or keep Overton in region 7).

825394937[/snapback]

Slash2049:

Sounds good ... but I don't think that will happen. The TSSAA could have switched White Station and Overton back when White Station became 5A initially. It's been my observation that the TSSAA will do the 'easy' thing. Re-shuffeling teams isn't what they will do in my opinion. Besides ... I don't think the folks who decide these things will be concerned with a Ridgeway/Germantown natural rivarly. It could happen ... I don't see it though. I do agree that re-assigning some teams from 7 to 8, and vice versa, does make sense.

Makes a lot of sense to make the regions more competitive and less top-heavy in eight to move White Station who though far away has a rivalry with Bolton, and will give Overton a chance to play Kirby and Hamilton for region victories.

Would have been better if Overton and Central hadn't stayed in 5-A, allowing for the regions to have 7 and 8 teams, instead ot 8 and 9 once Arlington joins in two years.