DII Playoff seeds

hfactor

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As best as I can tell, here's what it looks like (I'll defer to the TSSAA for the final say-so):

If MUS beats CBHS and FRHS beats Baylor:

McCallie vs. CBHS@BA winner

MBA @ MUS

If MUS beats CBHS and Baylor beats FRHS:

MUS vs. Baylor@MBA winner

If CBHS beats MUS and FRHS beats Baylor:

McCallie vs. BA@CBHS winner

MUS @ MBA

If CBHS beats MUS and Baylor beats FRHS:

MBA vs. Baylor@MUS winner

I could be totally off, but I do know that McCallie is #1, MUS and MBA will be the #2 and #3 seeds, depending on what happens with CBHS/MUS, and Baylor has to beat Ryan to make the playoffs. Ryan is out regardless. The second rounds matchups, if Baylor makes the playoffs, may depend on first round outcomes (I assumed the higher seeds win in the above scenarios).

As best as I can tell, here's what it looks like (I'll defer to the TSSAA for the final say-so):

If MUS beats CBHS and FRHS beats Baylor:

MBA @ MUS

If MUS beats CBHS and Baylor beats FRHS:

MUS vs.  Baylor@MBA winner

MUS @ MBA

MBA vs. Baylor@MUS winner

I could be totally off, but I do know that McCallie is #1, MUS and MBA will be the #2 and #3 seeds, depending on what happens with CBHS/MUS, and Baylor has to beat Ryan to make the playoffs.  Ryan is out regardless.  The second rounds matchups, if Baylor makes the playoffs, may depend on first round outcomes (I assumed the higher seeds win in the above scenarios).

825395584[/snapback]

That's how I figure it too.

Since neither of us is wrong very often about anything, it seems unlikely we could both be wrong, at the same time, about this. Besides, it would be unthinkable for you to be wrong in consecutive weeks, and I know you are going to be wrong this coming week...

...so I'm going with it!! :ph34r:

In the wild world of DII, the MBA-McCallie game did not count in the standings. McCallie has completed their region schedule with a 4-0 record. All other teams have at least one loss in region. McCallie is the number one seed no matter what happens next week.

Here are the official standings before tonight's games.

http://www.tssaa.org/schdir/fbstandings.htm/

I've been looking for a list of those games that don't count for awhile, thanks itzme, so after this week it looks like this i think, correct me if I'm wrong:

1. McCallie

2. MUS

3. MBA

4. BA

5-6. Baylor or CBHS ( which would be higher if both end with 1-3 region records?

How stupid that three of the league's biggest games ( MBA-BA, BA-MUS, McCallie-MBA) have little affect on the playoffs.

I've been looking for a list of those games that don't count for awhile, thanks itzme, so after this week it looks like this i think, correct me if I'm wrong:

1. McCallie 

2. MUS

3. MBA

4. BA

5-6. Baylor or CBHS ( which would be higher if both end with 1-3 region records?

How stupid that three of the league's biggest games ( MBA-BA, BA-MUS, McCallie-MBA) have little affect on the playoffs.

825396135[/snapback]

It is a strange system...the coaches must want it that way for some reason, but I'm not sure why. BTW, assuming the games go according to form next week, CBHS finishes 5 and Baylor 6.

After further review, I think I need to make a change:

McCallie vs. BA@MUS winner

CBHS @ MBA

McCallie vs. BA@MUS winner

MBA vs. Baylor@CBHS winner

(If Baylor beats CBHS, McCallie would play Baylor and MBA would get the BA/MUS winner)

In such a scenario above, the records would be:

1. McCallie 4-0

2. MBA 3-1

3. CBHS 2-2 (wins over MUS and BA)

4. MUS 2-2 (win over BA)

5. BA 2-2

-----------------------------------------

6. Baylor 1-3 (out if loss to FRHS)

7. Ryan 0-4

Edited by rollredroll